“Amazing experience”

Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Ampthill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 7 January 2018

A brilliant Christmas gift from my hubby, we had an amazing day. I never thought I would have the opportunity to blow glass! Ricky is an extremely patient and competent teacher. He explains each stage so that you never feel that you don’t know what you are doing and helps you achieve incredible pieces of glass. I can’t wait to see the finished results.
Don’t forget your packed lunch, lovely scenery if you are there in the summer. Can’t recommend highly enough.

All reviews
"activity"
"piece"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This was our 19th 'couples' activity out of 25 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and a definite recommendation from us! Ricky has the perfect teaching style, making us feel at home and confident. No prior experience needed as Ricky guides you through creation of four pieces on the beginners course.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I found this online randomly and didn't know what to expect, after all, glassblowing is not an every day hobby. I arrived expecting to find other students but they didn't turn up so I ended up having a one to one. Ricky was extremely patient with each step, it sounded a little daunting initially but he kept repeating the steps so there was no need to worry. We started with a paperweight (not blown), then a little sculpture, a bowl, then a vase. It was incredible how much we did in one day. Ricky was really friendly and happy to talk about his works and discussing techniques and ideas. The blowing part was quite hard for me but it was really wonderful afterwards seeing the piece of glass growing on size (albeit very slowly). Ricky helped all the way through and he will sand the glass down and send it to you. It's was an amazing day and I definitely want to go back. You can go with a friend or on your own. Do bring your own lunch though to eat on the grass. You need to be positive, have a lot of patience, keep calm, and just have fun! Great place to make presents, learn a skill, or make a Christmas gift.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I have taken both the beginners and the intermediate classes with Ricky and Creative Vibe Glass Studio. Both days were really great fun, and Ricky is a very attentive and patient teacher, spending time to explain things carefully and clearly and making and effort to advise and help students create something both individual and beautiful. It was a great day and was packed with information and the small class size means that you get a lot of one-on-one tuition. I would highly recommend it and if I get a chance would love to go back again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I purchased a day's glassblowing teaching and creating with Ricky Keech at Creative Vibe, as a Christmas gift for my husband.
During the day we learned bout the craft of glassmaking, about materials and tools and how to shape glass pieces. We made three items each: a paperweight, a glass sculpture and a vase.
Ricky is a patient, calm and friendly instructor who clearly has a passion and great talent for glass making.
I would recommend this experience without reservation.