Reviews (7 783)
5 199
1 697
5 199
1 697
All reviews italian village main pool cafe de paris martini bar water bar fourth floor dutch pool our honeymoon pastry shop white night garden tour pot holes jerk shack club level red lane spa butler service pelican bar
334 - 339 of 7 783 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We are Diamond Members Returning home from our 10th Sandals trip and the 2nd trip to South Coast. First the “excellent” part of the review. The resort is beautiful! We love everything from the impeccable grounds to the beach to the pools. Zero complaints from us on any of that. We had a gorgeous one bedroom suite in the Italian Village and loved the location. We came across some AMAZING staff members we want to point out; the playmakers-Doblin, Deshae and Nelson literally made our trip! We are definitely going to miss them. Our fav ppl at the pool bar were Kevol (still in training but sooo polite and a hard worker) and Jermaine.
Now the “few exceptions” part—I have never had so many staff people ask US for things in all our trips. I’m completely fine with a staff person asking me to order them something when I’m going to eat anyway but when I’m enjoying time with my family IN the pool and one asks me to get out to go get them a pizza and then go to the jerk shack I feel it crosses the line. I had a butler so I didn’t have to leave the pool for 20 minutes to wait for a pizza for myself but ended up having to do it for someone else. It puts you in an awkward position so I did it but I avoided the pool bar for the rest of my stay and it is one of my fav places. Also, I had so many staff ppl ask for cigarettes that I went through 3 packs more than normal. There is a different tennis pro than was there the last time we were there and I wasn’t too thrilled when he wasn’t there for lessons after we signed up and then the next day repeatedly showed us a hand written sign that we needed to tip him—after that I did take money the next day because it was so awkward but when we got there he informed us that he would have to charge us if we wanted another lesson cuz it was Saturday. We didn’t know that there was a charge on the weekend so we just skipped it. All in all it was an amazing trip but it was frustrating to be put in so many awkward situations that we were having to adjust our hang out spots to avoid them. We’ve never encountered that at a Sandals before and sure hope that doesn’t become the new norm.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank jberry2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Loved Sandals South Coast. Right from the beginning - we were made to feel right at home. All the food was wonderful with no worries about reservations. Early morning walks on the beach were gorgeous as was watching the sunsets. Our room was cleaned daily and without us feeling like we were in the way. The pool bar closed early than I would have liked but we knew ahead of time so we got our insulated cups filled that lasted until we went to dinner. They were just putting the finishing touches on the over-the-water bungalows so alot of extra people were there for the grand reveal.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Go with what you can afford and just enjoy!!
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank PennyS1405
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was our first all inclusive and we were throughly impressed on every level! The staff were very friendly and welcoming, the food was excellent with a great selection of restaurants and snack bars. Our room was always clean and well maintained as was the entire resort. The nightly entertainment was enjoyable and there as a good variety. The weather could have been a bit better as it rained everyday we were there- we were told by other vacationers it was a fluke thing. The only draw back is the drive from the airport is 90 minutes, but we knew that when we booked.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I just returned from South Coast. All we can say was it was amazing. We stayed in the new Over the Water rooms. The room was great. We faced west and saw the sunset off our deck every night. Our two butlers - Derron and Marland were top notch. They wouldn't let us do a thing ( Derron even joked we couldn't get resort map because they didn't want us walking anywhere ). The food was great ( and I would recommend the sushi ). I dove through the shop and the dive masters/boat crew were great ( and we managed to hunt a few lion fish while I was there ). Thanks to Everett and folks for a wonderful set of dives. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who asked.
That said: A couple of engineering notes for the resort ( as I know the OWB are new and they are working out the kinks)
1. Ladder into the water - The ladder from the deck into the ocean is flush to the wall. It makes it hard to climb/descend. I might pull it out 4 or 5 inches to allow folks to get their feet in for easier climbing
2. Light in over water hammock - There is no way to turn this light off. We had hoped to star gaze at night from the hammock but the light was so bright we couldn't really see much. Might want to consider making this have the ability to turn-off

Room Tip: If you OWB rooms, ask for 6001 - 6006
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BayStateTravelerWest
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Traveled here with my wife from March 16 - March 23, 2018. To summarize, this vacation couldn't have been any better. From the food, the grounds, the staff, everything was damn near perfect, if not perfect. We stayed in a beachfront deluxe room in the french village, very close to the dutch village. We didn't find the need for Club level with the added cost. My wife and I have stayed at other Sandals resorts, including the St. Lucia Grande (which was OUTSTANDING), but Sandals South Coast was slightly better in our opinions. The drive from the airport to the resort is about 90 minutes, but it really is not bad, no where near the roller coaster like, nausea inducing ride to St. Lucia Grande. If given the choice between St. Lucia Grande and Sandals South Coast, we would choose South Coast again.

Every person on the staff was wonderful (with the exception of 1 person, more on that later) but a certain few should be highly commended for their exemplary service and attitude. At the pool bar: Hyatt, Kevol and Owayne were tremendous. Lively and seemed to genuinely love their job and made it a point to keep everyone smiling. Two others at the pool were especially pleasant and they were Bernardo and Shum. These two gentlemen were unreal. We looked forward to seeing them everyday. Big shout out to Shum and Bernardo. Dive shop: The dive operation here was the best I've seen at any resort. Their professionalism and attention to detail was great. They just simply have it down. Couple shout outs here: Carlton a.ka. String Bean - amazing guy and very knowledgeable. I especially liked him because he would take time to answer questions after every dive and he seemed to value educating his divers about the sea life at the dive sites. Again, above and beyond expectations. A special shout out to Garth McKay, who was my instructor for my advanced scuba certification while at the resort. He was a fantastic instructor and did not take anything for granted. Many places go through the motions with certification(s), but Garth was a true teacher and pushed me in both the technical dives and around reading materials. Garth - I hope to have the opportunity to meet up again.
As far as the food goes, the food was off the charts relative to an all inclusive resort. I simply did not expect the quality of food that can be had at South Coast. All of the restaurants were great and I would estimate that a dinner at a place like this in the states with drinks would cost over $100 in the states. At Neptunes, the waiter Mario was probably one of the nicest, most genuine people we have ever met. Please go out of your way to meet this man. You can instantly tell that Mario is going places and I sincerely hope Sandals recognizes this. On the flip side, the only complaint we had during our entire vacation was the lack of professionalism on the part of a man named Sanjay at Neptunes. He is a waiter there and made multiple inappropriate comments to us and another couple we were dining with. Both my wife and I and the other couple couldn't stop talking about our experience the entire night. But truth be told, this was an outlier on the entire trip, very isolated incident. I would encourage anyone who does have Sanjay as a waiter, to ask to have a different waiter.
One last very positive recognition would be Shelden at Photo Expressions. The level of friendliness and professionalism displayed by Shelden, I don't think there are words for. This is another person I very much hope that Sandals has on their radar as a high potential employee. He is the kind of person people gravitate to because of his personality. When we return to South Coast, he will be one of the first people I will seek out to shake hands with once again.

As far as the beach and the water, there definitely is a good amount of seagrass, but that was very minor. The Latitudes bar over the water will quickly make you forget about that. It is an outstandingly beautiful bar, watching the sunset there is a memory I'll never forget.

In closing, words can't describe how good this vacation really was. This was our third trip to Jamaica, and I personally love the country, the people, the food, but South Coast brings it to a different level. Vacations simply do not get better than this and the management of this place should be commended. I'm almost afraid to try another resort for fear that I will always compare it to our experience at Sandals South Coast. One last note, expect some level of depression upon leaving.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, I would opt for the lowest level room unless you are looking for butler service.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple