Sandals South Coast
  • Pool
Sunset Heal Jamaica(Petersfield)
US$61
  • Room Service
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
US$133
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
TripAdvisor
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$159
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$666
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$656
US$573
Bookit.com
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$517
Bookit.com
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Reviews (7 486)
7 486 results
4 972
1 650
4 972
1 650
All reviewsitalian villagemain poolcafe de parismartini barfrench poolwater barfourth floorour honeymoonpastry shopgarden tourpot holeswhite nightred lane spajerk shackclub levelbutler servicepelican bar
FilterAll languages
36 - 41 of 7 486 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved Sandals South Coast. Right from the beginning - we were made to feel right at home. All the food was wonderful with no worries about reservations. Early morning walks on the beach were gorgeous as was watching the sunsets. Our room was cleaned daily and without us feeling like we were in the way. The pool bar closed early than I would have liked but we knew ahead of time so we got our insulated cups filled that lasted until we went to dinner. They were just putting the finishing touches on the over-the-water bungalows so alot of extra people were there for the grand reveal.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Go with what you can afford and just enjoy!!
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Penny S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first all inclusive and we were throughly impressed on every level! The staff were very friendly and welcoming, the food was excellent with a great selection of restaurants and snack bars. Our room was always clean and well maintained as was the entire resort. The nightly entertainment was enjoyable and there as a good variety. The weather could have been a bit better as it rained everyday we were there- we were told by other vacationers it was a fluke thing. The only draw back is the drive from the airport is 90 minutes, but we knew that when we booked.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I just returned from South Coast. All we can say was it was amazing. We stayed in the new Over the Water rooms. The room was great. We faced west and saw the sunset off our deck every night. Our two butlers - Derron and Marland were top notch. They wouldn't let us do a thing ( Derron even joked we couldn't get resort map because they didn't want us walking anywhere ). The food was great ( and I would recommend the sushi ). I dove through the shop and the dive masters/boat crew were great ( and we managed to hunt a few lion fish while I was there ). Thanks to Everett and folks for a wonderful set of dives. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who asked.
That said: A couple of engineering notes for the resort ( as I know the OWB are new and they are working out the kinks)
1. Ladder into the water - The ladder from the deck into the ocean is flush to the wall. It makes it hard to climb/descend. I might pull it out 4 or 5 inches to allow folks to get their feet in for easier climbing
2. Light in over water hammock - There is no way to turn this light off. We had hoped to star gaze at night from the hammock but the light was so bright we couldn't really see much. Might want to consider making this have the ability to turn-off

Room Tip: If you OWB rooms, ask for 6001 - 6006
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BayStateTravelerWest
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveled here with my wife from March 16 - March 23, 2018. To summarize, this vacation couldn't have been any better. From the food, the grounds, the staff, everything was damn near perfect, if not perfect. We stayed in a beachfront deluxe room in the french village, very close to the dutch village. We didn't find the need for Club level with the added cost. My wife and I have stayed at other Sandals resorts, including the St. Lucia Grande (which was OUTSTANDING), but Sandals South Coast was slightly better in our opinions. The drive from the airport to the resort is about 90 minutes, but it really is not bad, no where near the roller coaster like, nausea inducing ride to St. Lucia Grande. If given the choice between St. Lucia Grande and Sandals South Coast, we would choose South Coast again.

Every person on the staff was wonderful (with the exception of 1 person, more on that later) but a certain few should be highly commended for their exemplary service and attitude. At the pool bar: Hyatt, Kevol and Owayne were tremendous. Lively and seemed to genuinely love their job and made it a point to keep everyone smiling. Two others at the pool were especially pleasant and they were Bernardo and Shum. These two gentlemen were unreal. We looked forward to seeing them everyday. Big shout out to Shum and Bernardo. Dive shop: The dive operation here was the best I've seen at any resort. Their professionalism and attention to detail was great. They just simply have it down. Couple shout outs here: Carlton a.ka. String Bean - amazing guy and very knowledgeable. I especially liked him because he would take time to answer questions after every dive and he seemed to value educating his divers about the sea life at the dive sites. Again, above and beyond expectations. A special shout out to Garth McKay, who was my instructor for my advanced scuba certification while at the resort. He was a fantastic instructor and did not take anything for granted. Many places go through the motions with certification(s), but Garth was a true teacher and pushed me in both the technical dives and around reading materials. Garth - I hope to have the opportunity to meet up again.
As far as the food goes, the food was off the charts relative to an all inclusive resort. I simply did not expect the quality of food that can be had at South Coast. All of the restaurants were great and I would estimate that a dinner at a place like this in the states with drinks would cost over $100 in the states. At Neptunes, the waiter Mario was probably one of the nicest, most genuine people we have ever met. Please go out of your way to meet this man. You can instantly tell that Mario is going places and I sincerely hope Sandals recognizes this. On the flip side, the only complaint we had during our entire vacation was the lack of professionalism on the part of a man named Sanjay at Neptunes. He is a waiter there and made multiple inappropriate comments to us and another couple we were dining with. Both my wife and I and the other couple couldn't stop talking about our experience the entire night. But truth be told, this was an outlier on the entire trip, very isolated incident. I would encourage anyone who does have Sanjay as a waiter, to ask to have a different waiter.
One last very positive recognition would be Shelden at Photo Expressions. The level of friendliness and professionalism displayed by Shelden, I don't think there are words for. This is another person I very much hope that Sandals has on their radar as a high potential employee. He is the kind of person people gravitate to because of his personality. When we return to South Coast, he will be one of the first people I will seek out to shake hands with once again.

As far as the beach and the water, there definitely is a good amount of seagrass, but that was very minor. The Latitudes bar over the water will quickly make you forget about that. It is an outstandingly beautiful bar, watching the sunset there is a memory I'll never forget.

In closing, words can't describe how good this vacation really was. This was our third trip to Jamaica, and I personally love the country, the people, the food, but South Coast brings it to a different level. Vacations simply do not get better than this and the management of this place should be commended. I'm almost afraid to try another resort for fear that I will always compare it to our experience at Sandals South Coast. One last note, expect some level of depression upon leaving.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, I would opt for the lowest level room unless you are looking for butler service.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from this resort had never been to South Coast (had been to the Royal) and have to say that I was a little worried because of the sometimes negative comments that people write but THEY ARE WRONG! We were there for 2 weeks (March 14th to 28th) and this was exactly the vacation we needed. The resort is a large one but you never feel like there are tons of people on site because of the configuration of the rooms vs pools vs restaurants, it's perfect. The staff is exceptional, very pleasant, always saying hello with a sincere smile. Our favourite people were; Tamara... the best omelette maker ever with the most upbeat attitude and fantastic memory, Sherika W... that smile and warm welcome is sooo appreciated, Stacey her accomplice (they both brightened a late afternoon for us and are very knowledgeable of coconuts!) is just as amazing, then there's OWayne who brought us drinks on the beach and always checked to see if all was well. We had a walkout room in the Italian building, it was exactly as I had hoped, the only small tiny thing I would critique is the AC, they need to update to quieter units but besides that no complaints at all. The choice of restaurants is incredible, nobody can or should complain and the Cafe de Paris is unfortunately TOO GOOD, ha! A huge shout out to Adrian, the resort manager, for taking us and a few other brave souls to visit the ruins of the Scottish castle across the road and then up "Puffin" hill, thank you! We very much enjoyed the outing and the great knowledge that you shared with us... hope you do make down into the tunnels eventually! So a huge thank you to all, we hope to return and visit again.

Stayed: March 2018