“The Real Deal”
Review of VIVO

VIVO
Reserve with OpenTable
VIVO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Description: A Cayman first, the eco-development, Lighthouse Point Dive Resort, boasting great coastal views, is home to VIVO, meaning alive! Only organic, the best local and natural ingredients are used ensuring the healthiest, highest quality food and drinks are on offer here. The menu, dependent on the best seasonal produce is also alive, so expect delicious specials and variations all made from scratch (breads and non-dairy milk included). VIVO offers a great selection of vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy-free options and specializes in the invasive, but delectable lionfish. Selected organic wines, spirits and local beers can be enjoyed in the relaxing setting, along with cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices or enjoy our selection of fabulous coffee, teas and herbal infusion.
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

If your looking for a real “island restaurant” this place is the real thing. Located alongside Dive Tech there is nothing commercial or chic about the atmosphere. The word that best fits it is “authentic”. The tables are situated on a porch alongside the water. The owners have certainly thought through the details with really well styled wood utensils and dinnerware with coordinating placemats. The food at Vivo is amazing. By far the freshest we have encountered on the island. The Coconut Ceviche was delightful with its exciting flavors. My husband loved the Lionfish sandwich. I also had the Piadina BLT also fantastic. I opted for the Piadina in place of bread and all I can say is - “wow” I wish I could have it everyday. The roasted potato’s that accompany the sandwiches are even fantastic. If your looking to explore new tastes with the freshest healthy ingredients this is your place. Vivo is refreshing to find. We will be back next year!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

These people get it! They understand sustainability on the island. They understand food allergies. They have fantastic customer service and serve amazing food. I have food allergies and don't always have choices at restaurants, but at VIVO I had lots of choices and everything was fantastic!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Want to try lionfish? Their's is excellent!! Their location is especially convenient if you are diving with DiveTech next-door! Go diving, get out of the water hungry, eat & repeat! Their vegan BLT is also phenomenal! The rest of their menu looks really good, but even though I ate there several times, I couldn't get past the lion fish or BLT. I must go back!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This restaurant is tucked out of sight in a five story condo building. It is easy to miss the small sign by the road. We shared a breadfruit fritters appetizer and then had lionfish entrees in Asian sauce and orange tarragon sauce. Very nice! They have some interesting drinks on the menu as well a good wine list.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I loved this restaurant. It was a stop for lion fish on our culinary tour. It makes me giggle that a vegan restaurant makes an exception for a "bad fish" though it makes sense. The view is beautiful! I came back again for breakfast and wound have eaten lunch there again as well if I had more time.