Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Destinia.com
CheapTickets
Hotels.com
All reviews palm room seven mile beach hot tub a wonderful stay renting a car dean westin
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2019

We stayed at Shangri-la from Friday 11/29 through Tuesday 12/2.

We went out and got a bug repellent as we thought we were getting bit from outside; however, we were actually getting bit in the very BED we were sleeping in. We stayed at Poinciana Room. Our bed was infested with bed bug, and I woke up to an unbearable itch from my arms and legs at 4am in the morning with over 100 bug bites all over my body. The bites formed a line and be in a zigzag pattern as shown in the pictures, which is exactly how bed bug leaves bites. It had a burning painful sensation, red itchy bump with a center with soreness. I felt nauseous the whole time. It was THE WORST FEELING you have while vacationing. We know that getting some bug bites were the normal course of vacationing in the Caribbean Islands; however, our bites got worse and worse as we spent more nights at Shangri-la.

The worst part was how the Inn management handled the situation. The manager blamed that I got bit by mosquito when I opened the bathroom window. The window has screen and it did not stay open at all, and I would not expect over 100 bug bites from a brief moment of opening a window. As shown in the picture, they were not mosquito bites, and they were bed bug. I woke up to an unbearable itch, extreme discomfort, and it caused significant disruption to our trip as we had to alter our remaining plans. Moreover, I became scared to go to sleep again as I was fearful that I would get more bites while asleep.

The lack of hospitality and especially putting the blame on the guest made our stay very very disappointing, and the male manager even became defensive and had an attitude when I was explaining the situation, which was quite unprofessional.

Further, initially the manager promised us that they will change the room, but they never did, and they also told us about the one-night refund, which they never issued. All of these things made us lose confidence in their ability to even stick to what they had promised. We also found two female underwear in the room, which made us believe housekeeping was not satisfactory.

Unfortunately, the Inn management did not take the responsibility they should. Had they acknowledge the situation instead of blaming the guest, I would have felt differently about the situation. Based on the above, our stay was extremely unsatisfying and I would not be returning to this place.

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank 458surfangel
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

What a gem! We normally stayed at the Westin on 7 mile beach, but this year we wanted something cozier and homey and we found it. Full use of kitchen, pool, hot tub, private rooms and baths. We had a minor problem with our first room, but Fawne, the manager immediately resolved and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was wonderful. You do need to have a car, but could bike to the beach & national park. The drive to 7 mile beach is 5 mins.
We will return next year!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2019

My husband and I celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary in Cayman. This was our first trip to Cayman and will definitely visit again. Because of the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to rent a car. Shangri-la is about an 30min. drive from airport and 10 mins to Seven mile beach, 15 mins to Georgetown and restaurants. Driving can be a little confusing the first day with the roundabouts. Just take your time speed limit is 40 .

Upon arrival we were greeted with a wonderful surprise. Dean had upgraded us to the best room The Royal Palm. It was spacious, clean, nicely decorated with access to the pool and jacuzzi.

This was our first stay at a B&B and we’re hooked for life. Breakfast was served when requested, really a nice touch.

My only let down was I wasn’t able to workout during the morning and no view of the beach. I like to walk the beach for exercise. No problem we loaded the car everyday with beach chairs and umbrella- provided by Dean. It’s a first come basis, this would have been a problem if resort was full. This was the slow season so it worked for us. It would be nice if you could rent beach chairs and umbrella before arrival for the week.

The location is away from the high rise resort. Which made it feel like home away from home. So peaceful and relaxing.

Thanks to Venus Who made breakfast and kept our room nice and clean during our stay.

It’s really nice to meet other guests during breakfast and chat.

My husband and I really liked Cayman , will definitely visit again.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 3 September 2019

B&B was beautiful, quiet, peaceful, clean and comfortable. Could not have asked for a better stay and Dean was very accommodating. Would highly recommend staying here while on the island. Breakfast was served daily at 8:30 and the was delicious, also very much enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2019

Very nice place where you can relax yourself.
The breakfast is amazing! And the products are of the best quality. We stay very good. And in the shangrila is like to stay at home.
The parking is free. So we had visited all the island by our car, different restaurant differente place, but coming back in our nice shangrila!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2019