Review Highlights
Breathtaking experience in West Bay!

This review is way over due from our trip to Cayman Islands in March. Nicki and Alesha are... read more

Reviewed 19 July 2020
melbcruisingrn
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Fun Experience!

I am a professional horse trainer myself and was very happy with our experience with Nikki. She... read more

Reviewed 13 March 2020
RWCarty

Recommended experiences in and around Grand Cayman
from US$126,93
from US$57,44
from US$46,16
from US$40,00
More Info
All reviews takes great care riding experience great ride took lots of pictures lovely horses intimate experience horse person amazing experience well trained horses an experienced rider small group highlight of our trip take photos seven mile beach nikki riders ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family's horseback rising skills range from almost beginner to semi-advanced so it was a bit challenging to figure out how to do this excursion. I did a lot of research, and went with Nikki based on other reviews. Nikki is the real deal: has lived on grand cayman for all her life and this is HER business. She takes you to the horses in her truck, and its clearly a one woman operation. She's amazing. She is obviously all about the horses, and safety, and providing a great experience. The thing you need to know is that ALL the companies who do this follow the same basic route along the beach, they ALL take you into the water with the horses (so don't decide who you'll go with based on that), and none of them will let you canter. We got brief spurts of about 20-30 seconds of trotting only which was disappointing, since I thought there would be opportunity for cantering. You will not gallop on the beach!! That being said, I really liked Nikki and the business she's built, and her honesty and clear love for what she is doing. Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: March 2013
4  Thank chaperone1
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Horseback riding with Niki was the first activity of the day the day we got engaged and a memory we will have for a lifetime. My fiancé and I had a great private ride with Niki on the beach and into the crystal clear blue Caribbean waters. The horses actually swim while you’re riding them. Believe it or not the horses get excited about swimming too. It was a blast. This is not your typical trail ride. Niki is a skilled rider and a very good instructor as well. She was very attentive and had us galloping down the beach by the end of the morning. She also took some great photos that we have already put into our engagement weekend album.

Of note we saw other horseback riding companies, which were made up of 10 to 15 people all in a line crawling down the beach. The horses and riders did not look like they were enjoying themselves. I would recommend avoiding the tourist trap companies and going with Niki.

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank GGoodear
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My fiancé and I (both intermediate/advanced riders) had an absolute blast with Nicki, the owner and tour guide! We were grateful to have a private ride instead of being with a large group with a more commercial company. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time!!! We had our choice of english or western and rode along the beach. Then, we rode bareback in the Caribbean Sea! All we needed was a camera and water to drink. I suggest jeans/pants with a bathing suit underneath for the swim. Nicki transported us to and from our condo which made it easy and catered the ride and pace (we cantered down the beach) to our skill level. She offered quality tack, truly cares about her horses and takes excellent care of them, and provided clear instructions to us. The horses were sweet, happy, and well trained. We felt safe and will never forget the exhilarating ride! Highly recommended!!!! Go to caymanhorseriding.com or call 345-916-3530

1  Thank cburdett1
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I just returned from a visit to the Cayman Islands and wanted to share my experience in riding with Nicki at her stable in the islands. I've been to a lot of stables in the Caribbean and this is a great operation. Nicki's horses are happy, willing and very well mannered. The tack is comfortable and my ride was fantastic. I'm a fairly experienced rider and respect an owner who is safe and looks out for her horses, but still offers a thrilling, unforgettable ride. If your abilities are there, you're offered a quicker pace, and if not the scenery is pretty special. I rode in the morning and loved my experience so much, I went back in the afternoon for another great ride on a different horse! I lost my camera the next day so all of my amazing pictures of riding and swimming with the horses are missing...guess I'll just have to go back to re-take the pictures!! There's quite a few places that offer horseback riding in the area, but this one is very special. The site is caymanhorseriding.com

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank hotplatejackson
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Our family of four with two daughters 16 & 13 LUCKED out by finding Nicki. She owns, guides and CARES about her horses and her guests. We were greeted warmly and our horses were ready to go. Nicki was very clear with instructions, made sure we were comfortable before our trip began. We enjoyed our ride along the beach, and Nicki spent much time going over some history of the island with my girls. We then rode bareback in the surf... What an awesome experience for all of us! Nicki unsaddles and re-saddles the horses on her own... This lady WORKS... She even has gallons and gallons of water there to rinse off after your swim on horseback. Bottom line... Great small business that cares. Value received!! Nicki even gave us a tour of her stables and an education about her different horses. I even learned why you see so many cats on the island with a notch in their left ear... (Volunteers spay and neuter then they notch them so they don't get fixed twice...). Thank you Nicki!!!!! Lastly, we used the SpotCayman app during our stay and found it very useful.

Date of experience: January 2013