Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews meal plan dive staff shore diving dive shop valet diving great dive dive sites north wall dive trip grand cayman on site mermaid suite loved diving the entire staff no worries stingray city eagle rays
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2019

Our group of 12 (11 divers) really enjoyed Cobalt Coast. Food was good. A littlle too many bell peppers in everything and fish was over cooked most of the time. But the rest was EXCELLENT. Dive staff were very attentive and safety oriented which was great! Resort staff were friendly and very helpful!! Would totally go back.

Room tip: first floor rooms on water side really should not be considered water ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2019

Thanks for your visit and your review, thedanish33. Feedback is always great to help us improve. We will look forward to seeing you and your friends, again, here at Cobalt Coast or one of our other dive resorts.

Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

We just got back from a weeklong visit. Overall it was nice. Grand Cayman has changed a lot over the years. Certainly not nearly as many fish as are used to be. But that seems to be the norm in the Caribbean. Cobalt coast is an older resort But the staff is great. Food left a little to be desired. I have been to their sister resort on Little Cayman and there is no comparison. The last days breakfast was downright terrible. Reef Divers did a great job with our group. Lee and Bernie were great dive masters.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

We're happy that you were mostly satisfied with your visit, T2923AOthomasb. We work to coninue to improve the guest experience at Cobalt Coast. Our people are there but we still have some work to do in other areas.

Thanks for your visi and your review.

Reviewed 13 June 2019

I had the privilege of diving at the Cobalt Coast Resort and had an experience of a lifetime--I can't recommend it enough! Turtles, Stingray city, it was awesome!
The staff at the hotel are very friendly and had great recommendations for other spots and restaurants to see on the Island for food and drinks, but their food was great too!

Over the week of our stay we got to know the bartenders and divemasters really well and I simply cannot find anything negative to say, I loved the trip and would go again. I was so happy to see that the dive sites around Cobalt Coast were clean and beautiful!

The only bad part of the experience was a single bad diver who came to the resort--You can find his review under "Dr.B." I'm glad the wonderful folks at Cobalt Coast took the necessary steps to prevent damage to the reefs as, after all, if they don't look out for the ecosystem, bad divers will come around and ruin it for everyone.

Great drinks, friendly and fun staff, marvelous diving, awesome hosts and an amazing experience all in all!
I'll be back for more of those Mudslides first chance I get!
Be sure to check out Hepp's Pipeline!

Cheers!

Room tip: Ocean-view rooms were spacious, and comfy beds
3  Thank Simsaladoo
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2019

You make us very happy that you had a wonderful dive vacation with us, Simsaladoo! Thanks for choosing to be part of the group that came to Cobalt Coast and we especially thank you for the review.

Most of our guests enjoy their experiences, and we are delighted that you were among those. Thank you also for calling out our great staff who (believe it of not) will likely remember you on your next visit.

We loved showing you our favorite dive sites and will hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2019

Stayed through a time share in the cabins (we wanted a kitchen over a water view) and we could not have been happier. Having Reef Divers (separate 5 star review) was a great plus. This place is hidden up in West Bay and even after driving in a couple times, not too easy to find, but you'll get used to it. Once here, you forget about the traffic and cruise ships. All staff are amazing and polite. Restaurant is good and convenient, although we only ate lunch there once. Bar is good and each of the bartenders friendly. Cabins have a kitchen and deck area with a huge gas grill. We were surprised at the lack of bugs since we were off the beach a bit. The pool is beachfront and has great views. Great snorkeling just off the dock. Very quick access to other attractions and restaurants.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2019

We thank you for your visit and your review, slosh26. Most of our guests enjoy being away from the madness that's Seven Mile Beach - yet it's close enough to visit by rental car or public transportation if/when you want some noies. Our staff tries hard to make sure that everyone's needs are met, so it makes us happy tyat you were pleased.

It's the tropics. We do have bugs, but we spray regularly. And although you don't mention them, the chickens and roosters that roam free (particually in the area of the cottages) actually help keep down the bug population.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2019

I just read, with shock, Dr. B's June 4th review of Cobalt Coast. I was on that same trip and in the same group. The dive staff -- Chris and Curtis -- were totally professional and made the trip a truly great diving experience. They are terrific folks and everyone in our group of 15 or so divers loved them (except, apparently, for one). True, they are very concerned about the safety of the guests and divers. In my book, that is a major plus. We, as part of the diving community, want that in a dive operation. They carefully ensure that everyone is present, take roll, check the equipment, nitrox levels, etc. They are friendly and helpful. They simply expect that the divers follow their safety guidelines. How is that possibly a negative? Yes, there is a strict no-drinking-before-diving policy. That's a good thing; it saves lives! All I can say is that I would go back to Reef Divers and Cobalt Coast in a heartbeat if I could. I would specifically request Chris and Curtis to be on my dive boat. In terms of dive sites that they chose for us, they were amazing. The North Wall is incredible. For each site, Chris or Curtis would literally draw a detailed map on a chalk board. They know their stuff; trust me on this. The hotel staff were helpful too. When I got back to LA, I realized that I had left my running shoes in my room at Cobalt. Emma and Oli went out of their way to find them and to arrange for them to be shipped to me. Good, nice people all around. Excellent, professional dive operation and facilities. I will definitely return. Thanks everyone; look forward to seeing you soon.

4  Thank realkoolkat
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

We sincerely thank you for visiting our resort and posting another perspective on the same group trip. We recognize that we likely can't always 100% please everyone. But we will NOT copromise on safety and are gratified that you understand this is nonnegotiable.

We're happy you have a good time, realkoolkat. And we hope to see you back at Cobalt Coast or one of our other dive resorts, again.