Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews golf course blue iguana north sound full kitchen seven mile beach shuttle service king suite grand cayman pool bar on site off the beaten path washer dryer out of the way rental car public beach rum point camana bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2020

On our 4th visit to the Cayman's we were looking for a more quiet place to stay. The Grand Caymanian had a great off the beaten path location that was still near places we wanted to be.

The property itself was a little run down for our liking. Yes, the gardens were very nice but the buildings themselves were in need of an update.

The building is adjacent to a golf course and the first room they gave me was looking south directly into the protective netting put up to protect the guests and glass. For me it was really unsightly. Our friends had the same view. I asked to be switched and after some doing, we got the courtyard.

One major issue was the maid and cleaning services. One day we found a lot of broken glass in the hall way. It took 3 phone calls and 2 1/2 days to get it cleaned up.

We went with another couple. Our friend was in the shower at around 3pm when the maid finally came around to clean the room. Her husband asked her to come back in an hour and she said she was going to be off and couldn't! Really?

The beach had some trash on it which as a diver myself and Cayman being a diving mecca was a real turn off to me.

Finally, our friends who are tennis players and brought their own racquets found the courts really run down.

We won't be returning to this property again.

Date of stay: February 2020
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2020

Hello elig924,

I read the review you wrote for our Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman.

We aim that our guests are comfortable and would have a lasting impression of the brand every time they stay, and though you slept well and regarded our hotel to be lovely, we recognize that we could improve our housekeeping services and maintenance of our facilities! I've shared your review with management and our Housekeeping supervisors and in our commitment to complete guest satisfaction, I'm confident issues with the cleanliness and courts will be looked into.

Thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite Member for more than a decade now, and we hope to continue hosting your travels!

I hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 May 2020

Covid-19 was hitting as I arrived on the Island and my work was cancelled. The hotel staff were incredibly supportive at a difficult time (for us all). My apartment was the perfect base for a business trip. I could prepare my own food if I wanted to, reheat a takeaway if needed, eat in the hotel restaurant (certainly worth a visit) or go out for a meal (lots of places to visit in George Town and the surrounding area up into West Bay). The room was both clean and comfortable, the aircon very efficient and there was lots of space (so many hotel rooms are tiny). There was a big table to work at/host a meeting or we could sit in the lounge area and relax with the balcony door wide and the birds tweeting outside. I had a sea view. The kitchenette was adequately equipped with the basics needed for food prep. I would return in a heart beat for both a business trip or a holiday!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2020

A great hotel, for a wonderful holiday ... Excellent service ... Beautiful view.. Clean rooms, and, qualified staff ready to help you ..Great food, a place to spend magical nights ...I will definitely be back

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2020

This was my first time staying on this side of the island. I actually enjoyed the quiet and being off the main strip. However, I was disappointed that there weren’t soft sand beaches and easy access into the water like the other side of the island. Unfortunately Taxi rates are pretty high so if you don’t have a vehicle it can get pricey going back-and-forth to different parts of the island. If you’re looking for a good value and potentially more space in a suite style hotel room the hotel could work well for you. But really gave the high scores to this hotel where the people. All of the front desk and housekeeping staff were wonderful.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 28 May 2020

We usually stay on 7 mile beach but don't like to waste a night at an expensive place when we fly in late, so we usually stay at the Holiday Inn. I have never slept so well as when I did the last time we stayed here. The beds are like heaven. The rooms are clean, the grounds are immaculate. Everyone is so nice. If you are looking for a nice place to stay but on a budget & don't mind being on the bay side versus the ocean side, this hotel is amazing.

Date of stay: December 2019