All reviews golf course blue iguana north sound free shuttle full kitchen seven mile beach shuttle service king suite grand cayman pool bar the hotel offers great pool jet ski off the beaten path on site palm trees rental car
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Its quite a way from anything. The beach is not really swimmable. The room we had was nice and the kitchen was great. It was a family members b/day and they recognized that with a treat. The staff was great and on our last day we were doing a trip booked with them. Check out time is 12 and the trip didn't get back until 11.30 and we asked for extra time to get showered etc after being on the boat trip. The staff said no problem just check in the morning. As plat elite we normally get a 2pm check out anyway. We got back at 11.15 and the manager said we had to be out by 12 she could not extend it .....that was very disappointing really she could not let us have enough time to get showered etc .....so that why they got a lower rating from us.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank UKVISIT
GCMHI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear UKVIST,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to hear that you found our service to be excellent!

Thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club Member! As you mentioned, we are more than happy to extend a late check out complementary, whenever possible. This is always dictated by availability however.

Please know we are always willing to assist the best way we can. I am sorry we were unable to honor the late check out on your departure day.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

The holiday Inn staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was staying in a one bedroom apartment. The only issue is that the hotel is not near any of the attractions, which is good and bad, the bad if you did not rent a car you had to take the hotel shuttle which was convenient at the hotel but not so much when you needed to be picked up. On the good side if you wanted to have quite because of it's location you did not have any traffic noise.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GrandCaymanian345, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We will certainly share it with our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at any time!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I checked in late, and although they located my reservation almost instantly based on the name. Company, address and tel number matching up, the night manager refused to allow me to check in until the email could be verified, which was listed incorrectly by the H.I.reservations clerk, and not by myself or our company office manager. I was told to wait until they could find the reservations clerk, but after several phone calls they gave up..I conceded defeat and assumed I could make a new reservation, but much to my surprise I was not allowed to do that either, as it would be considered a dual reservation ,despite the fact that they could not confirm the booking...at this point it was past 1am and I had been travelling all of the previous day and basically told them they could give me the key or I would take if from them and let myself in..at that point they capitulated and I finally got my room..although they double charged me the next day, adding insult to imjury.
They did go out of their way to make the remainder of my stay enjoyable and upgraded me..the only thing they were guilty of is taking security rules and measures to extreme.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank Tony R
GCMHI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Tony R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! It sounds to me there have been some challenges during your check in process. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss and understand what transpired in this situation. Please do feel to contact me directly via email at: bhusar@grandcaymanian.ky.

I hope to hear from you soon! Thank you for your business! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Wish there was a beach there otherwise everything was great except didn't care for the overpriced restaurant but staff was very friendly. Perfect place for divers. Pool, view, and landscaping was beautiful! Shuttle service was great. Room was excellent. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GrandCaymanian345, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi jodik485. Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Resort and thank you for your gracious review. We are thrilled you enjoyed all aspect of our resort including the spacious and equipped 1 bedroom suite, friendly staff and well kept pool and grounds. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My over all experince, it start at the front desk. The spanish lady who assist me, shes so accomodating and shes nice and had an excellent customer service.
When i reach my room, very nice, very clean. I would say the place is recommendable!

Room tip: As i mentioned the place is great. Very comfortable and relaxing
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so glad that our friendly service and suite accommodations made your time in Grand Cayman so satisfying. I will certainly share your praise with Sharon at the front desk. Thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!