All reviews lovely hotel dog friendly hotel the hotel car park staff were really friendly lamb shank busy road cosy bar hotel restaurant mash sunday lunch full english generous portions first floor short break dog owners very pleasant stay residents lounge
Reviewed 21 October 2018

I've been to Warkworth many times, usually with family staying for a week or two in one of the many holiday cottages available in the village, but decided to give Warkworth House a go for a short solo trip.

I wasn't disappointed - it's a welcoming, well run place. Room was comfortable and well equipped, and I slept extremely well despite being at the front of the building overlooking the busy road (a few pints of Jennings beer probably helped)!

Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious, and although I didn't try the food in the restaurant on this occasion the menu looks tempting and I'd certainly give it a go next time. Definitely a very good experience overall.

Room tip: Ask for a ground floor room if stairs are likely to be a problem for you (these are also quieter)
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear Mysel,

Thank you for a kind review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your solo visit to us. I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff here and hope that we can welcome you back soon, hopefully to sample some of our delicious home cooked food this time!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

We had booked a superior room and had received e-mail warning about limited parking so were not surprised by this. Very tight and limited indeed!!
The hotel greeting was really friendly and welcoming and the receptionist could not have been more helpful. The room was spacious and immaculate with an extremely comfortable enormous bed!! Beautifully appointed bathroom too.
The restaurant served good food with a wide choice, and dish of the day specials. The Haggis Scotch Egg with Whisky sauce was a wonderful starter!!! Everything was done with a smile. Really enjoyed the whole atmosphere.
First night we returned to our room early (about 9pm) and it was freezing - the heating had gone off. It came back on at around 4am with a vengeance!!! We queried this the next day and were told it would be checked. We went back to our room later that night and it was freezing again. Yes - you guessed it - at 4am the heating came on again. We were assured that everything was thermostat controlled not timed. We were only there 2 nights so no worry but the hotel must do something to sort this with winter coming on!!!
Apart from this small niggle, we loved the place and would certainly use it again.

Room tip: We were at the rear of the hotel - better for sound.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PWM31

Dear PWM31,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that apart from the small issue with the heating you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your lovely comments about the warm atmosphere and service to all of the team here at the hotel, who will be pleased to know they are doing a great job!

The heating has been looked into, and all is in working order again, so we will have a warm room waiting for you upon your return!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Totally overpriced for a very dated room... £112 per night!! no internet or phone signal from the room.

The room was absolutely roasting and I was unable to open the windows due to being on the ground floor next to the busy road, they did supply a small fan which was useless.

Just when you think it can't get any worse the breakfast was terrible, dry and tasteless and to top it off no beans.

Terrible experience and I totally wouldn't recommend it.....

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank John L

Dear John L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the hotel, we are extremely disappointed that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. We would like to take this opportunity to address the points you have raised and try to clarify these issues for you.
I am quite taken aback to hear that you think that the room you stayed in was dated and overpriced, as all rooms have been recently refurbished and are currently being refreshed with new decoration to keep them from becoming stale. We have also refurbished all of the bathrooms in all of the hotel bedrooms. The price reflects other hotels and B & B’s in the area and is what we feel is a very reasonable rate for the area.
I can understand your frustration about not being able to open a window but from a security point of view, if we were to leave the windows open it would be very inviting to unwanted guests who would be able to enter the hotel that way. If you found the room too hot, a member of the front of house team would have been more than happy to turn the radiator down, or provide you with a fan, which they did. I can only apologise if this did not cool the room down to your liking.
I again can only apologise about the lack of phone signal in your room, but unfortunately lack of phone signal is quite common in the whole of Warkworth village not just our hotel so feel that this is perhaps a little unreasonable of you to comment on. The main areas of the hotel, such as reception area and bar both receive good phone signal and you are able to access the Wi-Fi from these areas as well if needed which you were informed of when you queried it.
In response to your comments about breakfast, I can only say that yours is an anomaly in the many recent reviews we have had here on Trip Advisor and other booking sites. Our breakfasts are highly praised and it is not very often we receive any complaints. If you wished too of had beans on your breakfast you just needed to ask and we would have been happy to provide them for you, we are happy to modify breakfasts for people and accommodate any dietary requirements they may have.
All of the staff at the hotel work very hard to provide excellent customer service to all our guests which is clearly reflected in so many f the positive reviews we receive, we therefore hope we may be able to welcome you back sometime in the future to reverse your negative experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice if a little expensive £112, B&B Saturday night..
Loads of character and centrally situated in the village . Staff very pleasant . Parking a challenge due to narrow streets. Breakfast was first class. Would definitely return especially during week when prices drop to I believe £60

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Y3363HArichardw

Dear Noel W,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed the birthday party.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed here the night of our daughter’s wedding which was just up the road beside the golf club in a marquee. The room was lovely and big and clean and we had lovely big china mugs for a cuppa and a couple of cookies to go with it. The bathroom was really modern with lovely fluffy white towels. We had a gorgeous bay window with a view overlooking the main road. There was a really good choice for breakfast but we both had the full English with lots of toast and tea and cereal and fresh fruit salad to start with. The hotel has had a recent refurb which has been carried out sympathetically with the building. My friend was staying in a suite just along the hallway for two nights and she was really happy with her room. The staff are lovely and friendly and welcoming. I only live up the road in Amble and really have a soft spot for Warkworth. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wendyp612018
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Reception at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear wendyp612018,

Thank you for such a lovely heartfelt review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your night with us, and that you found everything to your liking.

I hope that your daughter had a fantastic wedding day and that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon, even just for a cup of coffee.