“Unhelpful staff, not that cheap anyway”
Review of Air Asia Berhad - Malaysia

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I used Air Asia for the first time and this will be my last.
I wanted to drop my bag at Kona Kitabalu airport and saw long lines of people at self-check-in counters. There were only a few machines fully functional (some were only for printing boarding passes) so I lined up for one line and realized that I couldn't print a bag tag and moved to another line - like three times. There was no staff assisting people so many people were confused with this and how to use the machines. It was a mess.
Then I noticed there was a separate check-in counter for Int'l flight. Since my final destination was Tokyo, I lined up at this counter and waited for some time.
A female staff at the counter was just so cold and unhelpful. She told me I couldn't check in at the counter because I had separate booking numbers for two flights (this was caused by some issues during booking). She told me to go back to self-check in kiosk, print out a bag tag, line up for a bag drop line. I can't believe she couldn't really help me. There was nobody waiting behind me (so it was not like she was too busy with other pax to assist me).
Also I didn't find Air Asia that cheap. You can only have 7 kg of carry-on luggage for free of charge. I had to pay the fixed price for 20 kg checked luggage just because my luggage was 1 kg plus (8kg).
I would avoid this airline in the future if I have to go through so much hassle to fly somewhere.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (2 189)

51 - 55 of 2 189 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Long flight from KL to Auckland via The Gold Coast. 777 I think. Unlike some of their other planes this was NOT a flying bill board where every surface is covered with an advertisement. Much appreciated- easier on the eyes. We had cabin baggage only and had in fact started in Siam Reap and got all both Boarding Passes. .Ground staff were very efficient and friendly. Our hand luggage was a tad over 7kg ( 8kg I think ) but they were never staunch about it. It was never weighed. Seats were okay, comfortable and adequately spaced. The meals if booked on line are a very good deal... tasty, smallish but inexpensive. Cabin staff are somewhat inattentive. Water should be made more available and be free for these long flights. It is a health and safety issue and the airline needs to own this.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently i returned from a trip in Danang on Air Asia 649 at 12.35pm. The attitude of the crews has left much to be desired. The male crew would row his eyes when the passengers were slow in orderin food. On landing they could not be bothered to check the safety of the passengers by checking seat belt and seat inclining. I tested them by not buckling and no one bother to check. The passenger in front of me has her seat inclined before the plane descend but nobody bothered to tell her. All these crew should be sacked to say the least.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well, the flight in general was not bad for a cheap set of options. Comfortable seat, nice staff. But, services are quite limited if not non-existent. Seriously. No meal (even if a cheap one, except for the ones you pay for in advance or on-board), no easy access to toilets, the on-board mic doesn't even speak in English, which would have been a huge help for a non-Malaysian tourist like myself.
It is just fine if you are to stay on budget and bring your own meal on board.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've always amazed by how good this airline is, but unfortunately my international flight with this airline was such a terrible experience. I was on a flight from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur for a transit, (JKT - KL - Jeddah). The flight got delayed for an in hour before we can get in. When me and my family got into the airplane, during our flight (JKT - KL, AK0387) one of the cabin crews yelled at my dad for 3 times because she asked my dad for a piece of boarding pass because my dad gave the wrong boarding pass without him realizing it. She was super rude, no smile at all and often yells at people. The same thing happened again on our flight to the final destination (Jeddah), I understand it was a long flight (KL - JEDDAH, D70700) the cabin crew were super rude. Is this how they regularly treat the passengers on an international flight?