“MIles Trip to Munich and Back - Watch Pre-Clear Security”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 23 September 2019

My main point is to get your boarding pass reprinted by UNITED before going through US security. I tried to use my boarding pass printed by LH in Munich when going through Newark security. A TSA agent looked at my boarding pass and told me to go through the Pre-Check line. When I finally got to the checkpoint, I was told the scanner could not read the ticket as Pre-Check. The same thing happened to another passenger. Standing AGAIN in another line was just too much. Without throwing a tantrum (which would not have helped), the agent took pity and had us taken to the head of the normal security check. Otherwise, the United flights (booked with miles) were just fine. I flew LOT to Warsaw on a new Boeing - super equipment. The Warsaw airport was terrific. Austrian Airlines was fine. Vienna's passport control was overwhelmed and with less than an hour between (on time) arrival and departure was VERY stressful. I DID make the connecting flight to Newark but ran to do it.

1  Thank Rob H
Write a reviewReviews (51 346)

5 172 - 5 176 of 51 346 reviews

Reviewed 23 September 2019

I am very impressed with United Airlines. We were taking a connecting flight from MKE to O'Hare and then on to Calgary. O'hare stopped incoming planes due to fog and we missed our connecting flight. United Airlines proceeded to book us on a later flight and we opted to take the bus to O'hare to play it safe. When we told the United employees of our plan they gave us free bus tickets and food vouchers for the inconvenience (we didn't even need to ask and we definitely didn't even think to!). We also had an issue of being charged twice for our baggage because of the changes in our reservation and the refund department assisted perfectly in getting our money back. We had a similar experience last year with a different airline where the flight was canceled because a flight attendant didn't show up for the job and they fought us every step of the way on this stuff. I am very impressed with how United handled these issues. Thank you!!

1  Thank Jkirch19
Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

I wish I could give a minus one rating. I cannot even begin to describe the number of delays, flight changes, crew members missing in action, mechanical issues and just plain crappy attitude of every UA employee I have dealt with today. And PS, the flight attendants are no longer allowed to help old ladies lift their carry on bags into the overhead bins, and they are very snarky about it if you dare ask. NEVER flying with this worthless airline again. The last time I had such consistently poor service was from Eastern Airlines...right before they went bankrupt. Sayonara United.

2  Thank tkccac
Reviewed 23 September 2019

This was a quick trip to help my daughter move back into her dorm. We actually drove down and I flew back.

I fly United Airlines quite often. The flight was on time and we boarded promptly. I actually wound up in a row by myself which was wonderful after the lady in the aisle seat did something to her seatbelt. The pilot actually got us into Newark ahead of schedule which was definitely a plus.

1  Thank Quita7
Reviewed 23 September 2019

seats are tight, little choice of snack and drinks, wait time at terminals was ok but could have had more kiosks open at the busy time

Date of travel: July 2019
1  Thank travelmore4377
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.