“Travel to Nashville”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 26 June 2018

If I had another choice out of our city, I would not choose United. The seating is so stinking cramped. I'm only 5 ft. and 100#. My husband is 5'10". Can't even stand up to get out of the seat without hitting head.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34 750)

6 424 - 6 428 of 34 750 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My flight from ewr to punta cana left right on time. I did upgrade the seat to the ones with more room. Those planes are very tight and very uncomfortable, for some reason our seat wouldn’t recline, whatever. We got drinks and some chips. Thanks God the flight was very quick and this time there were no delays. It was a 6:20am flight, that might be the reason! I will try jet blue next time.

1  Thank Betzy G
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I fly the IAD to European leg often and am solo on business travel and its a mix of either business class or premium economy. I have never paid attention to the food quality in either because I don't consume much of it and for work travel have my meals prior to departure and after arrival to better deal with jet lag.

This was a trip with the family. I have not traveled on a US carrier overseas other than United in over 8 years (choose foreign carriers when on personal travel), but I was shocked the decline in the quality of food and the presentation. A thin plastic container with chicken and cheese grits. Really? I would preferred a military MRE.
I regret comparing this to prison food as its an insult to prison food.
I realize the airlines attitude that since passengers pay little for fares, they will tolerate anything. This was a $2K/person premium economy ticket. If you are going to serve low quality food, then ATLEAST preserve the option of purchasing something more decent that passengers can on domestic travel.

About the only offset to my children was the unique experience that United only offers and does it very rarely: the Captain was gracious enough to open channel 9 (i.e. communication between the flight deck and air traffic control). That is a rarity that only United has, and only for so long since I doubt the newer fleet gives that option.

United, after hitting a new low with my family, your Captain unexpectedly surprised them

Reviewed 26 June 2018

So we flew coach (American Airlines) to Las Vegas, but I decided since it was our 15 year anniversary we should fly back home 1st class. I figured it would end our trip back nicely. The crew was very professional and nice to deal with the entire trip. I enjoyed the meal, Tandori chicken was very good, my wife didn't want to try it, so she ate my salad and cheese cake, I ate her main course. The flight was typical I watched Dr Who episodes on my tablet (my downloads, not the airlines). As we were descending to land at OHare we encountered alot of turbulence. The warned thunderstorms had beat us to the airport, (prior to take off the captain had warned us that storms were moving into Chicago. He was told that the flight plan set up would beat the storms. Unfortunately it beat us there.) So I looked at my wife and told her, "We aren't landing." The plane began to climb again. The captain announced that he wasn't going to attempt a landing in the storm and we were diverting to St Louis to refuel. We sat on the tarmac for 3 hours, while they refueled and were given a new flight plan waiting for approval to try to get back to OHare to land. The crew was very professional and really tried to make the wait bearable for everyone. Eventually the flight plan was cleared and we were allowed to take off. We landed in Chicago with no problems. The captain came out and kept apologizing. I told him there was no need and that it was better to be safe, then risk landing in a storm. The crew was outstanding and I would fly with them anytime. Unfortunately I didnt get any names but will write United a letter as that crew really did a great job.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 flew from Toronto to LAX to Honolulu. We flew paid for a first class ticket through United. The first half of our journey was booked by United on Air Canada and the second half on United.

Even though we paid for 4 first class tickets:

1- In Toronto we were denied priority check-in

2-at check-in we were forced to pay baggage fees- even though we were flying first class. The agent said it was a system issue and there was nothing he could could do about it. If we wanted to fly we would have to pay the baggage fees and then get a refund.

3-The plane from LAX to Honolulu was FILTHY. The seat belts were broken and the flight was delayed until maintenance could fix.

4-My 2 children were told they would be charged for snacks if they wanted more then a small bag of chips.

5-Our luggage did not arrive in Honolulu with us.

6-there was no WiFi or movies or power. All of that was broken in the plane.

7-first class on plane was equivalent of Economy plus on most other carriers. FAR Inferior to other airlines. Seats did not recline.

8-meal choices were extremely limited. Not kid friendly. Food quality was good however.

In an economy of choices, we will all choose another airline in the future.