“Fine on the way out... not so much on the way back”
Review of TUI Airways (United Kingdom)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The flight out was fine. It was my first long haul flight as an adult so I was pretty nervous, but it was quite comfortable. The seat width was also fine, as a bigger person this worried me but I was mostly comfortable on the aisle seat. The food was ok, I had the vegetarian meal so got mine before most people. Luckily I already had a bottle of drink I'd brought onto the flight so I was fine.
The flight back was much more uncomfortable and appeared to be packed to the brim. The first time I understood the meaning of ''cattle class''.
They first brought around wine, which I didn't want because I was planning to take a sleeping tablet as it was an evening flight. Then they brought around the food and I got mine first again. I didn't want to drink the tub of water they provide as liquid that's been sitting in a plastic tub at room temperature for god knows how long is not appealing to me. I asked if I could get a soft drink and a member of the crew said I'd have to wait until they'd served everybody else their meal. The air hostess was treated me like I was bothering her when I asked. I know she was busy but not all of them were currently serving the meals I'm not sure why one couldn't have grabbed me a drink. After they were done with the meals I tried to ask again but then they brought round the tea and coffee, and I don't drink hot drinks. It was impossible to get heir attention, even when you had the light on they just walked right past you without even checking in. Eventually after an hour I got my soft drink, well after my food was cold. I was treated like I was being a diva for wanting a non alcoholic drink with my food. I didn't think it was a big ask but was met with a frosty response from the crew.
Breakfast was served not long before landing and it was grim. The eggs and hash browns were soggy and tasteless.

I didn't think it was the worst experience in the world and I'd probably fly with TUI again for shorter flights. I think I was just unlucky to get a rude cabin crew and a particularly busy flight.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (7 867)

294 - 298 of 7 867 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On time , no hassle boarding. Seats have reasonable leg room , but you can pay extra for more leg room / choosing seat beforehand. Go online 1 week prior to flight & you are allocated seats , which are usually together , so why pay extra ! We were together with a window seat . Food on board can be pricey but what airline isn’t ? Take your own . Quite happy with outward & return flights .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As the rep said, medium haul flight on a short haul plane.
Much too cramped, year on year just seems like a little less room.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Has it really come to this ?
We now class as average a flight where, if you're unfortunate enough to be seated anywhere behind row 15, you can forget being able to move for the duration of the flight.
They really shoehorn the passengers in.
Luckily on the return we managed to sit in row 12 which seemed to have a slightly larger seat pitch. This together with the fact that the actual flights went without major hitches is the only reason for a '3 rating'
Having had to pay extra for sitting in row 12 was frankly disgraceful but even more so are the charges for Premium Economy.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great service from stewards, good food and good entertainment (films). Long flight but had comfortable seats and ample leg room with the option of reclining your seat without it being too invasive on the person sitting behind. Toilets were very clean.