“you know what to expect”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 26 April 2020

staff as always in Sydney very helpful , flight left on time arrived in Bangkok 30 minutes early , baggage arrived quickly out of the airport and on rail link in 40 minutes from the time we touched down

1  Thank don p
Write a reviewReviews (15 640)

41 - 45 of 15 640 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2020 via mobile

Good service, comfortable seats, good pitch, the food was excelent, the crew was very service minded, all goood.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank Georgios666
Reviewed 19 April 2020

Given it was a time of stress for many travellers & staff on Thai Airways I was a little disappointed. Check in went smoothly, temperature testing was high on the agenda which was great to see. Once we got to the gate there was another bag search which I have no problem with, except given it was a full flight the people checking bags didn't change gloves until myself & fellow traveller ask then to put on new gloves before they checked my bag and of course they obliged. We wore masks on the flight, as did many others.
We boarded the flight & the plane was not very clean at all the toilets smelt even before passengers used them. We cleaned everything screens, trays, chair arms etc as there was still rubbish in the seat pockets. It was a full flight & the staff didn't seem very happy. Because of the circumstances I assume they would have been stressed. Some passengers coughed & sneezed regardless of knowing the importance of covering your mouth etc. I doubt if I would fly with this company again.

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 17 April 2020

As I was left stranded in Thailand by another airline, I booked a last minute flight to fly direct back to the UK. I had not flown with Thai Airways for years, as there is no service close to where I currently live. This most current trip did reminded me of how great the airline always is.

The seat was comfortable and my most favorite part is the foot rest even in Economy class. The entertainment system is good, albeit a little dated. The food was authentically Thai, and tasted amazing even when served on the plane. The flight attendants were courteous, and friendly. I casually mentioned to one of the staff that the Thai dessert was delicious. He came back to ask me "twice", if I would like some more. Not many airlines out there would offer this level of service, don't you think?

All staff wear mask during service; toilets were always clean; and they used santizer spray before the plane took off. Definitely gave me more confidence in the hygiene admist the Coronavirus pandemic.

I will definitely be using the airline again, although I will have to travel a few hours further from what I normally do. High recommend.

1  Thank breakofdawning
Reviewed 13 April 2020

We flew on Thai Airways at the start of COVID-19. My family and I felt very safe in the hands of Thai Airways. Every member of the crew was prepared with face masks and hand sanitizer. We observed the maintenance crew wiping down the entire interior of the aircraft and crew members squirted sanitizer into each passengers hands as they entered the aircraft. We witnessed extra cleaning and safety inspections throughout our flight. The crew were incredibly professional and compassionate. We departed on-time and arrived to our destination ahead of schedule. Meals, snacks and beverages were served throughout the flight and everything was tasteful. We will fly Thai Airways again!

3  Thank Sk8tie
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.