“Good airline”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 28 March 2020

Travelled to Bangkok with my husband. At the time I had Achilles tendonities and was walking with a stick. At check-in it was noticed I may need assistance and a wheel chair and buggy transport was arranged for me. At arrival in Bangkok I was met at the plane door , a car had been arranged to take me across the tarmac to the airport where I was again met with a wheelchair. None of this had been requested, my situation was noticed and matters were arranged for me. This was down to attentive ground and aircrew with whom I was very impressed.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Compass37162906472
Write a reviewReviews (15 639)

57 - 61 of 15 639 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2020

This was our connecting flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai . We only had 1 and a half hours from landing in Bangkok from Sydney to get from International to a Domestic flight . We had checked our bags through to Chiang Mai in Sydney and already had our Boarding passes so the process was quite simple and we were at the gate in around 15 minutes and that included going through 2 lots of Security which is more thorough than the Security at Sydney . There was also a 3 rd Security check before Boarding . The plane was an Airbus A330 - 300 . We had a window and aisle seats towards the back of the plane . The configuration on the A330 is 2-4-2 . Seat width was ok as well as leg room . The entertainment screen was quite old and difficult to get to work . Was only good for the Flight tracker . No headset provided , it was just over an hour flight so not much point providing headsets . Thai Airways do not turn on the Entertainment systems until they are Airborn and turn off prior to landing . As this was a Domestic flight , Drink service & Meal was served together , Drinks were Tea/Coffee or Water only . The Meal was a single dish served in a box , a Chicken Wrap which tasted like Cardboard , it was horrible . Landing was smooth , I do like the A330 - 300 .

Date of travel: February 2020
4  Thank David Roy P
Reviewed 26 March 2020

We booked Thai as it offered us direct flights to Thailand on one of the Worlds allegedly Best Airlines , so our expectations were high .
Check in was smooth and our bags were checked through to Chiang Mai and Boarding passes issued for Both flights.
Boarding was a bit Muddled , we were seated near the Back of the Aircraft (Boeing 747:400) They were calling for passengers from the Rows at the back section of the Plane first however passengers from all sections were going through and blocking Aisles putting there carryon bags in the Overhead lockers . The Cabin Crew should have policed this better as it ended up causing delays for everyone . Push back was about 10 minutes after the Departure time .
The seating in Economy was quite good with good seat Width and good Legroom . This particular plane was an older version of the 747 : 400 and had the small Seat back Entertainment screens . The Movies etc were NOT what was advertised on Thai Airways Website and was quite Limited with no real New release Movies and a very poor selection of TV shows etc . Also the screens were very had to see in Daylight so you had to have the Window Blind closed all the time . The Headsets were reasonable especially for economy . Drinks service was quick and efficient however the food quality was poor , with no Menu Cards given out describing the Food , also no amenity Kits at all . There were some amenities in the Lavatorys . Overall we were dissapointed in Thai and will not fly again after this Trip .

Date of travel: February 2020
4  Thank David Roy P
Reviewed 26 March 2020

I heard a lot about delay time and it's true even they were boarding on time but later still delayed.
For domestic flight, flying with a330-300 [new configuration] it's very comfortable and value price. Good customer service and the cabin quite clean and new.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank tpk29
Reviewed 26 March 2020

Thai has confirmed the refund of some tickets we booked with them in early early Feb. By end of March there is still no sign of refund in my account and the company ignored all emails I've been sending them. Very disappointed to see a company ignoring its promises and customers in this manner.

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank DanielaR2305
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.