“Good experience”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We flew from Singapore to Tokyo using Thai Airways, with 1 stop at Bangkok. This is the cheapest non-budget flight available which we can find at a short notice (There's also China and Philippines airlines which are slightly cheaper but the transit duration is too long).

The Thai airway staff are courteous, friendly and always smile at you. Their service on board is good as well.

Not bad at all.

From Singapore to Tokyo, we took Boeing 777/747.
From Tokyo to Singapore, we took Boeing 747/A350

A350 is very new, and with spacious leg-room.

Write a ReviewReviews (10 652)

915 - 919 of 10 652 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have been flying Thai Airways for nearly 20 years and I have to say their service isn't as good as it once was. The stewards and stewardess' seem to be annoyed with the passengers while attempting to serve them. The gentleman next to me asked for an orange juice and the stewardess reply was curt in her reply. There's nowhere near as many smiles as before. I will be giving some serious consideration for another airline on my next trip.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I used our airmails to fly business class to Bangkok, the flight was great and the service on board was excellent.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Check in was slow as the attendant struggled to book my luggage to my final destination. She finally succeeded with help of her superior and my luggage all arrived in Spain.

Seat was comfortable and the economy seat had a handy foot rest. In flight entertainment choices were very good and I enjoyed watching live news and current film selection. Toilets were very clean. Seat configuration was 3,3,3.

Drinks served straight after take off and then a meal which was a bit odd. Spicy pork dish that the attendant stressed to everyone was very spicy hot. I love Thai food and ordered this dish which was to spicy for me to finish and was served with a fried egg on top which I do not like. Most of the meals that I could see were not eaten as majority of people found it to spicy. The other option was discribed as raw salmon and I did not see anyone order this meal.

Very friendly flight attendants.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Middle-aged, married, not very tall female, this time I was flying solo and purchased my ticket online about 6 months prior to flying and was very happy to be able to choose my preferred seating at the same time (aisle seat not far from galley 61C on Airbus 380 Paris-Bangkok, window seat not far from galley on the 747 Bangkok-Sydney). Online check in was very easy, as was baggage drop off on the day of departure. Departure from Paris was around 3pm. Boarding was well organised and service on board was courteous and efficient. The flight was full, but staff were most attentive to requests. Non-alcoholic refreshments were offered throughout the flight, and sleeping passengers were left undisturbed until we had almost arrived at Bangkok. Meals were reasonable for economy class, special requests being served before general meal service. I opted for a long layover in Bangkok (12 hours) not only because of the cheaper ticket price but also as a way to beat jetlag. I was considering going into the city but travelling on my own I was not sure about making it back to the airport in time for the next leg of my trip. Entertained myself walking around Bangkok airport terminals. Plenty of shopping, eating options, rest points. Very much enjoyed a massage at the massage parlour on Concourse G. Prior to departure I had booked 3 hours in a lounge on Concourse D via Loungebuddy which allowed me to shower, eat and drink in relative quiet prior to boarding my next flight. The Bangkok-Sydney leg was just as easy as the Paris-Bangkok, and though I was woken rather brusquely for breakfast on approach to Sydney, I have no other issues. Onboard entertainment system worked well, had a fantastic selection of recent films that I was happy to catch up on. Arrival at Sydney airport around 7am went smoothly and baggage claim did not take excessively long. My long daytime layover in Bangkok turned out to be a brilliant idea as I didn't suffer any jetlag - in fact I went straight into a family rugby outing and celebrations without any problem! I would highly recommend Thai Airways because of their efficiency and unfailing politeness, even when faced with a full flight and several demanding passengers. Top marks.

1  Thank mary ellen B