“Never again”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first and last time flying on Spirit Airlines, they charge you for everything and gives you nothing. If you flying with your family like me, you have to pay extra, from $53 to $14 per person each way, want some water you have to pay too. In a two and a half hour flight seats are so uncomfortable at the end you end up with back or butt pain. You or my family won’t see us again Spirit.

Write a ReviewReviews (8 429)

283 - 287 of 8 429 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In trying to pay for my bags online Spirit declined my card. I have a high credit score rating. I called my credit card company and they said there is nothing wrong with my card. The Sprint customer service phone number got me no where. No answer , disconnect etc. The spirit website would not let me download my boarding pass. I did find on online email address for spirit. They answer in an hour or two. The person there told me I could not print my pass because I had to pay for my bag!!! Talk about crazy!!!! I was finally after three hours of trying able to print a boarding pass but when going through tsa the pass that came from their website would not scan...... such horrible service!!!!

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spirit Airlines gave me the worst flight of my life (And I travel a lot). There is no WiFi, no outlets, and the plane shakes so much in the air, and I can’t even sleep. Take my word. If you’re planning to travel around the country use United or Southwest because even they are better than this pile of trash they call a plane. Plus, there is so much dirt and crumbs on the chairs and tables.

1  Thank Luca M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading reviews I knew that if you want water you have to pay for it. I read to make sure you pay for your luggage ahead of time. I knew by reading reviews. I decided to pay for a big front seat which was $45. extra, it was like a first class seat on any other plane. The flight attendant was like a comedian, I laughed til I cried! When we landed she was funny again! I was returning home from a funeral, laughter was really appreciated!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a happy customer with Spirit. But, I do want to note that when booking using their travel miles, be careful. I have noticed that when I select flights using few points and don't purchase immediately, the miles requirement goes up. My theory: you sign in to your account, start browsing your flights, perhaps leave the site to come back later, sign in again, and voila, your flights have gone up. The computer systems are seeing your thought process, then upping it. So, begin with a set plan in mind and book it the first time you log in or suffer the possibility of the flight miles going up. I have done this repeatedly and get the same issue.

I now sign in only when I am actually really ready to book so the system can't track me. Just a tip!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)