“Beware when booking using miles”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I am a happy customer with Spirit. But, I do want to note that when booking using their travel miles, be careful. I have noticed that when I select flights using few points and don't purchase immediately, the miles requirement goes up. My theory: you sign in to your account, start browsing your flights, perhaps leave the site to come back later, sign in again, and voila, your flights have gone up. The computer systems are seeing your thought process, then upping it. So, begin with a set plan in mind and book it the first time you log in or suffer the possibility of the flight miles going up. I have done this repeatedly and get the same issue.

I now sign in only when I am actually really ready to book so the system can't track me. Just a tip!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9 790)

1 592 - 1 596 of 9 791 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Best way to get from Northern Ohio to Kansas as there is no stop over in Chicago. Plane was clean and quite new (or well-maintained) and seat comfortable (I paid for an exit row since I have implants). Service was excellent remembering that payment was required for beverages and sandwiches - did not partake - the flight is short (under 2 hours). Certainly as good or even better than other airlines I have flown over short distances. No delays and no problems with luggage.-

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience! Flying back from Atlantic City New Jersey, 1 stop to ATL GA destination TPA FL. Got to airport with my husband & 4 yr old daughter. Atlantic City has no help service to lead anyone onto a flight efficiently. I had my baggage pre paid but proceeded to pay an overweight limit charge, got boarding passes printed & proceeded to wait in line. (with an accurate time that We arrived) We were there in time, & booked flight in March. They had 1 person at counter & at least 15 in line to board to ATL. Due to their inexperienced staff wait time to board took over 30 mins & they took our luggage then proceeded to tell us & other 10-15women & children behind us we were about to miss the flight, bc they took so long. Gave our bags to them to board & rushed up to Gate to “catch the plane “ Nevertheless, the plane left with out us & about 10-15 other passengers!! How did they miss that many seats?? So we were told they would accommodate us & book us the nxt flight out. We were stuck. 1 supervisor at the airport (Nadia) accommodated us with a hotel stay for the night & transportation back to the airport so we could catch the nxt flight in the morning due to their mistake. However not only were my husband & I highly inconvenienced, our jobs were also & had expected us back after 9 days. They took our luggage to tampa also so we had no clothes & had to purchase clothing that evening for my child & paid $60 xtra for food to deliver bc we now had no transportation that evening. There was another supervisor (NOT Nadia) that offered us $250 in vouchers for each seat purchased that she sd she would email to us. When asked about my experience in an email the nxt day apparently no one was being honest and they denied that service was offered us to make me feel like a liar! It was an absolutely horrible experience & I am sharing so they can access the situation. Bc nothing more has been done! We should not have been inconvenienced in ANY way, it should have been a worry & stress free flight! Nxt time we will take our business elsewhere & after reading all these bad reviews I hope you do too & save yourself the hassle of flying with Spirit!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My recent round trip flight on Spirit Airlines was great. The price was right ($79 round trip). I was allowed one carry on which was all I needed for the week of hanging out at the beach. There were no problems, other than a delay on the flight back which was caused by weather.
Great trip for the price!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I fly twice a year on Spirit. I have bought tickets for as low $30 one way. Parking at LBE-Latrobe is free. Yes baggage is extra, but still a bargain. On time is fairly consistent. Getting through security is very easy as there is only one airline and one gate.