“Hidden Fees!!!”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When you first look at the cost of Spirit Airlines flights, you immediately think - WOW what a GREAT price!!! What you DON'T realize, which is NOT readily available information is that they charge you for EVERYTHING extra. If you consider "extra" as 1) baggage (most airline charge for this now, yes...but not the price that Spirit charges...so factor in at least $30 per bag, per flight), 2) carry-ons are NOT free. You are allowed a personal item...but not a carry on bag... so if you have one, again factor it in the same as baggage, 3) SEATS - if you are traveling with your family and you want to sit together - IT WILL COST YOU. RIDICULOUS. Oh, and not to mention...if you make a change to your flight - there is a HUGE change fee that isn't disclosed until after you make the change and they charge your credit card.

I am completely disgusted with Spirit. I will NEVER, EVER book with them again. Go with a bigger carrier - Delta, AA, United, etc... and you will get better service, and your flight with end up costing LESSSSS even though it "appears" more expensive than Spirit.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (7 370)

593 - 597 of 7 370 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok, it's low cost for a reason. Not being frequent flyers and in our 60s we were in for a bit of a surprise when we boarded the plane. EVERYTHING is extra and the plane is very spartan. The seat backs were hard plastic and I doubt you could fit a cup of coffee (extra) and an 8 in tablet on what they call a fold down tray. Seat pockets are missing and replaced with bungee cords in an x to hold any reading material you might have brought along. Don't forget to bring magazines, books, and anything to entertain yourself because there is no on-board entertainment anything! (Remember, it's cheep for a reason) The flight itself was uneventful and the on board staff was pleasant and efficient. If you doing a short flight and don't care about entertainment or comfort and have only one small piece of luggage this might be a good deal.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just stay away - do not even consider to fly with them. The staff are just not helpful at all. I paid for my luggage that was overweight and the lady saw that I still had a extra cabin case. She could have told me that the case would be extra, but left me to proceed to the gate where I was charged even more money fir the extra case. In my eye they are a bunch of thief’s to steal as much from everybody as they can.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was very uncomfortable. I swear my feet were hot the entire flight.??????? I will not use them going forward.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Of course Spirit Airlines is the cheapest way to fly. Even with the nickel and dime fees it's still cheap. Because I travel often and cannot afford the prices of other airlines I am normally stuck with Spirit. I even joined the $9 fare club. I can't say I have had worse flights but I've definitely had better. The BIG seats are mandatory when I travel with my husband because he is a larger man. I can deal with feeling like sardines. I will say I have never experienced a delay with Spirit. However, I have had my seat moved without me knowledge or permission, I have had nowhere to sit at the airport and I have had non pleasant experiences with staff. It is what it is. :-(