“Cancelled flights and delays and more delays”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Do yourself a favor and search airline on time percentage before you book. Wish I would have. I would like to meet these people that are so happy with southwest, because they aren't any of the thousands I've seen in the last three days stranded at airport after airport. What was supposed to be a 7 hour trip is now on it's third day and we are still sitting in an airport with another day to go. Our 9 day vacation is down to 5 minus a day of jetlag, make it 4. Unfortunately I have little faith getting back home will be different and will be missing work. It should be criminal we pay full price for a good flight, when I could have got the flight that had several spots for much less. And then get rebooked on a trip that is soaking three days. It will be a long time before I am convinced to fly anywhere on any airline until I am confident I'm not just donating my hard earned money to the billionaires club.

2  Thank F7800NAjayw
Write a reviewReviews (43 999)

79 - 83 of 43 999 reviews

Reviewed 1 August 2021

The flight itself was good but when coming back to Savannah we was in the plan for at least about 30 to 45 mins waiting to get off. Pilot gets in the intercom and tell us he has no update because no one is answering to clear us to get off. First time flying with y’all and my last.

1  Thank X6953HIstephanied
Reviewed 1 August 2021

They feel entitled to criticize their customers during the flight. The first comment they say once you are sitting is “wear your mask, don’t act like a 2 year older “ . “It is not that hard”
They are under the impression that we are all feeling the same about it. They think it is a funny thing so they make jokes about the ones that feel otherwise.
Very unpleasant judgement.

2  Thank LILy H
Reviewed 1 August 2021

This website would only let me choose Economy--I flew Business Select.
First the good points, check-in Indianapolis was quick and easy, but perhaps that's because I arrived at the airport 2 hours early. The other positive was how quickly the bags appeared on the carousel at my destination--usually the wait at Bradley is LONG. But, the flight had been delayed arriving after midnight, so I guess the baggage handlers were as ready as the rest of us to go home
Now for the not so good:
1. At check-in as a Business Select customer, I was given a "ticket" for a free beer, wine or cocktail. Southwest is not serving alcohol even with these tickets. I had flown American first-class into Indianapolis, and "yes" I was able to get my Bloody Mary on American.
2. This flight had 2 "legs". On the first Indy to BWI, I was A7 and on BWI to Bradley, I was A1. I understand that those in wheelchairs and others with disabilities are allowed to pre-board. Well, not only were these people pre-boarded, but so were apparently healthy college-age individuals and people with school-age children (though usually they board between the A & B groups).
3. Once boarded, we sat at least 15 minutes before we were told that the plane was waiting for other passengers. Then, after they boarded, we had to wait for their bags to be loaded. Total wait time was at least 40 minutes.
4. On the initial "leg", there was soft-drink service. On the final leg, the flight attendant--not the captain--announced that due to "expected" turbulence there would be no drink service. Strange that this announcement didn't come from the cockpit. Not only was there no drink service, there was no turbulence.

I intend to inform SWA of these issues, and that unless absolutely necessary, I will never fly SWA again. Business Select was expensive and while I was at the head of the A Boarding Groups, so many people were allowed to pre-board, that I might as well have saved my money.

Date of travel: July 2021
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank LyndaCT
Reviewed 1 August 2021

When I went to check into my flight I saw out flight was canceled without any reason. There are no customer service agents available to speak with. To rebook on the app comes with a price tag. Best to fly with a more reliable airline.

2  Thank billsappojr
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.