“Nightmare from Colorado Springs to Reno flight”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 17 June 2021

June 15th, due to technical difficulties, my #3938 flight was cancelled from COS to Vegas to Reno (final destination). They rebooked it 6hours later to Denver. Denver Hub was Hell; finally got on plane and sat on tarmac for 2 hours while they waited for a pilot to come in from Baltimore which that plane was late. Did not get into Reno until 1:30 am. I was so exhausted, I booked a room in Reno so I would not have to drive 2 hours to Tahoe. Called Southwest customer service 6-17-2021, who said there is no compensation. No food vouchers, no hotel coverage, nothing. I can show all my receipts. As an A List customer who has been loyal for years to Southwest I am so angry. Way to lose a frequent flyer.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Chowhound1242
Write a reviewReviews (44 009)

234 - 238 of 44 009 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2021

Southwest planes seem to be always, always late! And according to SW, they always blame their tardiness on something or someone else...air traffic, no available gate, whatever. According to them, it is never their fault. Just like how a little kid never takes responsibility. 3 out of 4 of my SW flights were late in the last week. If you're a business traveler like me, you cannot tolerate that nonsense. You're on a tight schedule, and you literally don't have hours and hours to squander because SW stretches it's planes too thin, and just cannot run them on schedule.
If you're a leisure traveler, consider SW to be the Greyhound Bus lines of airlines-- you may save a few dollars - although now SW often is the same cost or more as the competition, and many people do not realize that- anyway SW planes are crowded, smelly, dirty...just like many buses. And you often get a lower class flier on SW. Plus their flight attendants very often are obese or sloppy looking. American Airlines by comparison, has far fewer fat flight attendants, and overall much more presentable personnel.
Southwest-- the unreliable, smelly flying buses of the sky.

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 17 June 2021

We have been faithful customers of Southwest for over 20 years. I have never experienced such terrible customer service and scheduling in all those years! We have taken 4 flights in the past week and EVERY one was late. First due to mechanical issues, and others due to a person on flight crew not being there....was over an hour late on 2 flights for this! That is not coincidence, that is poor planning. I have called Southwest the past several days. Wait times are 86 minutes, 62 minutes (was disconnected), 100 minutes, 96 minutes, and tonight I have been on hold for 2 hours!!! This is ridiculous! I use to love Southwest and appreciated their customer service. Whatever changes they made due to COVID need to be undone! It is NOT working!

2  Thank Caligirl3152
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Southwest cancelled my flight due to technical issues. They then could not find a replacement flight for me. I had to stay the night in the airport and then found a flight on my own with no help from southwest. I called there support line and waited for two hours to get a hold of someone. That someone then told me that I had made a mistake by buying my own ticket and that they would not be able to cover it. I then went to the front desk where after 4 hours of asking they finally agreed to cover the expense of the new ticket I bought due to them canceling my flight the day prior. I was then told they could not find my bag. Eventually it was located in San Francisco. I’m flying into Oakland. My bag tag says my bag would be in Oakland. They said there was nothing they could do. The worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Do not fly southwest.

1  Thank davidlF6619AG
Reviewed 16 June 2021

After our flight was cancelled due to weather data errors and Southwest computer glitches, the next day we got long delays at the airport, and an extra hour delay waiting on a flight attendant to land on another flight. Some of the delay for the late flight attendant was due to rain , however. They also didn’t transfer my early bird selection to my changed flight. Spent two hours waiting for an operator to talk to about that. She couldn’t fix it but she did at least refund me since Southwest had not done that yet. Use to really think Southwest was a good airline, but they have lost my vote this trip. Not sure if I will use them much in the future. Will be looking elsewhere.

1  Thank tamig908
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.