“Terrible! Southwest loses another customer!”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 17 June 2021

We have been faithful customers of Southwest for over 20 years. I have never experienced such terrible customer service and scheduling in all those years! We have taken 4 flights in the past week and EVERY one was late. First due to mechanical issues, and others due to a person on flight crew not being there....was over an hour late on 2 flights for this! That is not coincidence, that is poor planning. I have called Southwest the past several days. Wait times are 86 minutes, 62 minutes (was disconnected), 100 minutes, 96 minutes, and tonight I have been on hold for 2 hours!!! This is ridiculous! I use to love Southwest and appreciated their customer service. Whatever changes they made due to COVID need to be undone! It is NOT working!

2  Thank Caligirl3152
Write a reviewReviews (44 007)

234 - 238 of 44 007 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2021

Southwest cancelled my flight due to technical issues. They then could not find a replacement flight for me. I had to stay the night in the airport and then found a flight on my own with no help from southwest. I called there support line and waited for two hours to get a hold of someone. That someone then told me that I had made a mistake by buying my own ticket and that they would not be able to cover it. I then went to the front desk where after 4 hours of asking they finally agreed to cover the expense of the new ticket I bought due to them canceling my flight the day prior. I was then told they could not find my bag. Eventually it was located in San Francisco. I’m flying into Oakland. My bag tag says my bag would be in Oakland. They said there was nothing they could do. The worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Do not fly southwest.

1  Thank davidlF6619AG
Reviewed 16 June 2021

After our flight was cancelled due to weather data errors and Southwest computer glitches, the next day we got long delays at the airport, and an extra hour delay waiting on a flight attendant to land on another flight. Some of the delay for the late flight attendant was due to rain , however. They also didn’t transfer my early bird selection to my changed flight. Spent two hours waiting for an operator to talk to about that. She couldn’t fix it but she did at least refund me since Southwest had not done that yet. Use to really think Southwest was a good airline, but they have lost my vote this trip. Not sure if I will use them much in the future. Will be looking elsewhere.

1  Thank tamig908
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Worst flight and customer service. Lost 8 hours. Plus had to pay for food. They gave me a $100 voucher. Last night I went to purchase more airfare. In October I have a flight. I went to use the voucher but it expires in September. Its currently June. I paid for the airfare so I had the flight during their 50%off. It was $850. I was on the phone for over 3 hours to use the voucher. Two agents said they cannot attach the $100 voucher whatsoever. But I can have it extended for another flight later on. I then canceled and found different airline same flight details for $50 cheaper. This is an absolute nightmare go elsewhere if you value your time. They have no customer service and will put you through loopholes.

They do not value their customers and will not make it right. They just prolonged the inevitable. I have never been treated like this. It was easier to cancel the flight I had just booked than to resolve $100 voucher on a fake 50% off sale

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank Q8318WXfredf
Reviewed 16 June 2021

$642 for the wanna get away non stop flight. How is it this is the only flight that is this amount. All layovers are cheaper. Not by much $360… one way. Your service has went downhill.

Your non-stop flights have become obsolete. We used to fly you as you were the only carrier with non/stop flights for our child to visit heir non-custodial parent.

I can fed me credit card because it takes us almost 4K to fly one flight thats 2 hours.

Over your airline. Bye bye

1  Thank TeamV69
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.