“Terrible Customer Support”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 16 June 2021

Southwest cancelled my flight due to technical issues. They then could not find a replacement flight for me. I had to stay the night in the airport and then found a flight on my own with no help from southwest. I called there support line and waited for two hours to get a hold of someone. That someone then told me that I had made a mistake by buying my own ticket and that they would not be able to cover it. I then went to the front desk where after 4 hours of asking they finally agreed to cover the expense of the new ticket I bought due to them canceling my flight the day prior. I was then told they could not find my bag. Eventually it was located in San Francisco. I’m flying into Oakland. My bag tag says my bag would be in Oakland. They said there was nothing they could do. The worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Do not fly southwest.

1  Thank davidlF6619AG
Write a reviewReviews (44 007)

235 - 239 of 44 007 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2021

After our flight was cancelled due to weather data errors and Southwest computer glitches, the next day we got long delays at the airport, and an extra hour delay waiting on a flight attendant to land on another flight. Some of the delay for the late flight attendant was due to rain , however. They also didn’t transfer my early bird selection to my changed flight. Spent two hours waiting for an operator to talk to about that. She couldn’t fix it but she did at least refund me since Southwest had not done that yet. Use to really think Southwest was a good airline, but they have lost my vote this trip. Not sure if I will use them much in the future. Will be looking elsewhere.

1  Thank tamig908
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Worst flight and customer service. Lost 8 hours. Plus had to pay for food. They gave me a $100 voucher. Last night I went to purchase more airfare. In October I have a flight. I went to use the voucher but it expires in September. Its currently June. I paid for the airfare so I had the flight during their 50%off. It was $850. I was on the phone for over 3 hours to use the voucher. Two agents said they cannot attach the $100 voucher whatsoever. But I can have it extended for another flight later on. I then canceled and found different airline same flight details for $50 cheaper. This is an absolute nightmare go elsewhere if you value your time. They have no customer service and will put you through loopholes.

They do not value their customers and will not make it right. They just prolonged the inevitable. I have never been treated like this. It was easier to cancel the flight I had just booked than to resolve $100 voucher on a fake 50% off sale

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank Q8318WXfredf
Reviewed 16 June 2021

$642 for the wanna get away non stop flight. How is it this is the only flight that is this amount. All layovers are cheaper. Not by much $360… one way. Your service has went downhill.

Your non-stop flights have become obsolete. We used to fly you as you were the only carrier with non/stop flights for our child to visit heir non-custodial parent.

I can fed me credit card because it takes us almost 4K to fly one flight thats 2 hours.

Over your airline. Bye bye

1  Thank TeamV69
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Left an hour and a half late because of baggage tags that sometime forgot to scan, took multiple attempts to land in Jamaica. Upon arrival, we were given paperwork for customs at the airport, which could have been handed out, maybe in the hour and a half we say on the plane in Chicago. Brand new luggage arrived with the deepest gouges I have ever seen; looks like it was dragged behind the baggage cart! On the return flight, again the unscanned baggage tags kept us waiting another hour or so, but this time they added in passport and COVID-19 issues for passengers that had already gone through customs, security, and were now boarded. If there were actual issues, it worries me that the passengers made it as far as being allowed to board the plane. While in flight, we were given the US Customs form, but with no pens. The flight attendant that handed it to me had at least seven ink pens clipped to the pocket of her apron and when I asked if I could have a pen to fill out the form, my request was answered with "I'm sorry I don't have any pens." At first I thought she was joking, but she abruptly made her way down the aisle. Finally, we landed in Chicago, only to find out our slot for customs was given to another plane, you guessed it, 45 minutes waiting on the hot plane wearing the ridiculous facemasks! I will never fly this airline again! Oh and boarding groups are the dumbest things, just give us a seating assignment.

1  Thank 352burnettm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.