“Quick trip gone long out of hand”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 16 June 2021

Worst flight and customer service. Lost 8 hours. Plus had to pay for food. They gave me a $100 voucher. Last night I went to purchase more airfare. In October I have a flight. I went to use the voucher but it expires in September. Its currently June. I paid for the airfare so I had the flight during their 50%off. It was $850. I was on the phone for over 3 hours to use the voucher. Two agents said they cannot attach the $100 voucher whatsoever. But I can have it extended for another flight later on. I then canceled and found different airline same flight details for $50 cheaper. This is an absolute nightmare go elsewhere if you value your time. They have no customer service and will put you through loopholes.

They do not value their customers and will not make it right. They just prolonged the inevitable. I have never been treated like this. It was easier to cancel the flight I had just booked than to resolve $100 voucher on a fake 50% off sale

Date of travel: August 2020
1  Thank Q8318WXfredf
Write a reviewReviews (44 083)

315 - 319 of 44 083 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2021

$642 for the wanna get away non stop flight. How is it this is the only flight that is this amount. All layovers are cheaper. Not by much $360… one way. Your service has went downhill.

Your non-stop flights have become obsolete. We used to fly you as you were the only carrier with non/stop flights for our child to visit heir non-custodial parent.

I can fed me credit card because it takes us almost 4K to fly one flight thats 2 hours.

Over your airline. Bye bye

1  Thank TeamV69
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Left an hour and a half late because of baggage tags that sometime forgot to scan, took multiple attempts to land in Jamaica. Upon arrival, we were given paperwork for customs at the airport, which could have been handed out, maybe in the hour and a half we say on the plane in Chicago. Brand new luggage arrived with the deepest gouges I have ever seen; looks like it was dragged behind the baggage cart! On the return flight, again the unscanned baggage tags kept us waiting another hour or so, but this time they added in passport and COVID-19 issues for passengers that had already gone through customs, security, and were now boarded. If there were actual issues, it worries me that the passengers made it as far as being allowed to board the plane. While in flight, we were given the US Customs form, but with no pens. The flight attendant that handed it to me had at least seven ink pens clipped to the pocket of her apron and when I asked if I could have a pen to fill out the form, my request was answered with "I'm sorry I don't have any pens." At first I thought she was joking, but she abruptly made her way down the aisle. Finally, we landed in Chicago, only to find out our slot for customs was given to another plane, you guessed it, 45 minutes waiting on the hot plane wearing the ridiculous facemasks! I will never fly this airline again! Oh and boarding groups are the dumbest things, just give us a seating assignment.

1  Thank 352burnettm
Reviewed 16 June 2021

2 cancelled flights, no hotel vouchers , rebooted me TWO days later with no where to stay. Their system crashed and they claim no fault? Talk to literly 5 different people with no help. Bags are lost too. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!

1  Thank 912rikh
Reviewed 16 June 2021

while flying from Austin TX to GR MI , my checked bag was opened , contents dumped out , expensive dress clothes stolen . on reporting this incident , i was treated with contempt . i filed a report and was referred to as MS. [ i am male ]
southwest concluded that TSA was responsible . TSA concluded that southwest was responsible . i will NEVER use southwest again .

Date of travel: May 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Macogrady60
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.