“Mechanical issues- again!”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 18 February 2020

Mechanical Issues on a flight 9 months ago left us sitting in the airport 8 hours. The flight ended up being cancelled completely, Unbelievable but here we are sitting in the airport 6 hours for flight delay because of mechanical issues again! A woman in line for rebooking said she had the same experience on a southwest flight recently. I will most definitely avoid booking with Southwest Airlines in the future.

1  Thank 10 142 016
Write a reviewReviews (44 007)

1 516 - 1 520 of 44 007 reviews

Reviewed 18 February 2020

I thought the days of customer service on flight were over...not with Southwest. I honestly only picked the flight because it was a great deal and the flight was non-stop at the right time of day.

To my surprise, the crew was extra friendly. Complimentary snacks served, and I purchased an adult drink which was reasonably priced.

For solo travel, it was great. If you are traveling as a couple or more, it may be worth upgrading your boarding position to ensure a greater chance of sitting together. Since it was just me, the fact that I boarded as a C7 was of no consequence - I still got an aisle seat (my preference). Legroom was not an issue, and neither was the proximity of my neighboring passenger (I will say that I am "average" size).

Baggage check (included) was a breeze and so was retrieving my luggage upon arrival.

Highly recommend!

1  Thank keishaafua
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

As usual Southwest is number one in my books for flying. The stewardess and stewards are always exceptional. They are always friendly and accomodating.
My friend had never flown so I mentioned as we boarded and the young lady asked if she wanted to meet the pilot in the cockpit? She was so excited and had her pic taken with him. Due to weather we had a bumpy trip down to Orlando but smooth take off and landing. Coming back we had a female pilot and male pilot. The take off and landing along with the entire flight was smooth. Skies were beautiful, we took of in FL at 75 degrees and landed in Baltimore at
35 degrees!

2  Thank elliebest95
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Air travel is not easy, nor enjoyable. But Southwest really makes an effort to make it tolerable. Check-in is easy, lining up numerically is "orderly", and checking a free bag means I don't have to wrestle a carry-on bag around the airport or into a bin.
I fly back and forth to/from Tulsa and Houston for family visits, and choosing Southwest allows me to use Houston Hobby and the always-easy Tulsa airports. My direct flight is almost always on time.

1  Thank Oma77
Reviewed 17 February 2020

My sons have developmental disabilities. For the most part Southwest has been kind and considerate of their needs. Just coming home we had a rude flight attendant. She was rushing us and ordering me about instead of letting me handle the situation which I've been doing my sons whole lives.
We planned this trip way in advance so we were able to get the tickets at a lower, more affordable rate.
The gate people are wonderful and patient with my sons and me.
It is a good airlines. We prefer it to the others.
Talked a friend into flying Southwest and she was pleasantly surprised.

2  Thank 607alisonv
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.