“Southwest is our preferred airline! Flight was on time and onboard service was excellent.”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 17 February 2020

Southwest is our preferred airline! Flight was on time and onboard service was excellent. Albert the wheelchair attendant at PIT was wonderful!

The following remarks apply to FLL contractors unless they are Southwest employees. FLL curbside check-in and Wheelchair staging need improvement. No help from agent unloading bags from car to scales for tagging to destination. Supposedly agent dispatching wheelchairs did so by boarding time. However she insisted on taking disabled person's boarding pass , but made us wait 25 minutes so aircraft was already boarding and wheelchair attendant responsible for clearing TSA security to gate was unnecessarily burdened by delay. We barely made the flight!.

Upon arrival in FLL, wheelchair attendant pushed disabled traveler from the gangway to arrival gate and then abandoned her there without a word. I ended up navigating to baggage claim pushing the wheelchair with both backpacks. There I hired a porter for help to the waiting car.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (43 927)

1 442 - 1 446 of 43 927 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2020

To be honest I have never been a big fan of SW, except for short direct flights in state, so I was surprised when flying with them to and from Maui. Flights were on time, even arrived 30 minutes early, the flight attendants were friendly and baggage was quick to arrive at airport. The free entertainment selection was excellent. The 737-800 was roomy and plenty of legroom for this 5'7" leggy lady. Price was extremely low beating other airlines by hundreds of dollars.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank hughesfj
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

Sure appreciate being able to check a bag for free. Price was great, employees were kind and helpful.

Reviewed 17 February 2020

As always the efficient Happy and reliable crew at Southwest gets it done right. As someone who fls almost weekly for the past 35 years I have reference points from basically most domestic airlines. The total experience with SW is far superior to any other airline.My sister has been with American over 37 years and although they are better than most they can't compare to SW! The fun and friendly staff makes all the difference. They have their 2nd largest Hub in Balto and it makes it very convenient and cost effective to Fly! My family and I LUV SW!

Reviewed 17 February 2020

My girlfriend booked a trip to New Orleans through Travelzoo, so we had no control over the flights. This was our return flight to PHL. It was scheduled to leave MSY at about 7:15 PM with a 50-minute plane change in Nashville and into PHL at 12:05 AM. When I book my own flights, I avoid plane changes of less than 90 minutes, since 71-year-old men with two hip replacements and two bad knees should not be running through airports (I ain't OJ). Our plane got into MSY late, so we left about 40 minutes late... see where this is heading? We landed at gate C6 in Nashville... our PHL plane was at gate C17; of course, it was in a different concourse. As we exited the jetway, they were paging us, and several others on our MSY flight, that the flight was ready to leave. We had to "run" through the terminal to get to the gate where a smiling Southwest employee told us that the plane was waiting. I should also add that because this is Southwest, purchasing seats in advance was an additional charge. I will avoid Southwest at all costs and if I have no choice but to fly them... it will only be direct flights.

1  Thank maxshade
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.