“LUV Southwest”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 17 February 2020

As always the efficient Happy and reliable crew at Southwest gets it done right. As someone who fls almost weekly for the past 35 years I have reference points from basically most domestic airlines. The total experience with SW is far superior to any other airline.My sister has been with American over 37 years and although they are better than most they can't compare to SW! The fun and friendly staff makes all the difference. They have their 2nd largest Hub in Balto and it makes it very convenient and cost effective to Fly! My family and I LUV SW!

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (43 913)

1 430 - 1 434 of 43 913 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2020

My girlfriend booked a trip to New Orleans through Travelzoo, so we had no control over the flights. This was our return flight to PHL. It was scheduled to leave MSY at about 7:15 PM with a 50-minute plane change in Nashville and into PHL at 12:05 AM. When I book my own flights, I avoid plane changes of less than 90 minutes, since 71-year-old men with two hip replacements and two bad knees should not be running through airports (I ain't OJ). Our plane got into MSY late, so we left about 40 minutes late... see where this is heading? We landed at gate C6 in Nashville... our PHL plane was at gate C17; of course, it was in a different concourse. As we exited the jetway, they were paging us, and several others on our MSY flight, that the flight was ready to leave. We had to "run" through the terminal to get to the gate where a smiling Southwest employee told us that the plane was waiting. I should also add that because this is Southwest, purchasing seats in advance was an additional charge. I will avoid Southwest at all costs and if I have no choice but to fly them... it will only be direct flights.

1  Thank maxshade
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

Traveling on Southwest Airlines from the Washington DC area to Milwaukee was convenient and affordable. By booking direct with the airline I was able to select the business class option, take advantage of the early check in option, secure an early boarding seat assignment, and I got two coupons for an “adult beverage” for the round trip flight.

I highly recommend Southwest Airlines. The rapid rewards point system is great. The points don’t expire and they can be used for ANY FLIGHT! No blackout dates and no restrictions for domestic and international flights.

Reviewed 17 February 2020

Seriously disappointed in SWA. Flight from MCI stopping in Denver (to pick up 9 yo grandson) then on to San Diego for a cruise was canceled due to ice storm. Swa had no other flight options that would stop in Denver and get us to cruise in time. So we drove to Denver though the ice storm and flew first swa flight out the next morning with our grandson. Swa did not charge us the difference for our flight out of Denver but did charge us the difference ($600) for our grandson’s flight and our return flight to Denver. They said those changes were our choice, not because of cancellations. It is not a choice to send a 9 yo to San Diego over night by himself and it is not a choice to return to Kansas City when your car is in Denver! Swa had an opportunity to save the day but chose instead to give us reason to never fly swa again.

Date of travel: January 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Love Southwest! We purchased early bird check-in and I'm so glad we did. We were in A group which worked both ways for us. We were able to board the plane in the first group and choose our seats. That was important to us because my husband has a fear of flyer, I didn't want him to end up in a sit he was not comfortable.

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.