“Good Service”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 1 January 2020

Round trip Orlando to Montego Bay. Southwest continues to be my airline of choice. "B" boarding, both ways, but still managed to get an isle seat on bulkhead on the way down, so lots of extra leg room. On return, still managed seat on the isle. Love the one free checked bag police, so no need to scramble for overhead bin space. Could have a cheeper flight, but then would have to pay for isle seat, extra leg room, checked bag...in the end, excellent value for the dollar.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (43 801)

1 815 - 1 819 of 43 801 reviews

Reviewed 1 January 2020

I have been flying with Southwest since 1990. I can safely say this is no longer the best airline for short flights , price or customer service . It is , hands down, the worst carry out there . It is a "low cost carrier" that charges the same rate, often more than other airlines and then provides subpar service and ridiculous routes .

The ground and flight staff are snarky , uninformed and could care less about providing customer service . My most recent experience, flying from PDX to RNO is the final straw for me. My flight was cancelled sometime on 12/31 . I was not informed until I reached the airport early 1/1 . I was then only given two options both of which required an hour more of airtime and a 4.5 hour layover in Phoenix. I went from an A 21 boarding pass to C22 for both legs of the flight. The ground agent claimed the flight was cancelled the night before due to weather in Las Vegas . I wasn't notified because legally they can contact me via text after a certain hour ( sounds far fetched ). Had I been notified when they cancelled the flight the night before I could have cancelled by reservation had I and flown with Alaska Air ( superior airline by far) . Instead I got to spend 8 hours traveling from PDX to RNO ( a 1.5 hour direct flight) .

I spoke to another agent at the gate about the cancellation and she claimed it was mechanical reason ( SW favorite go to excuse for delays) . So which is it? My guess... Southwest's objective is always to reroute customers to meet their needs and bottomline and then pass the expense and inconvenience on to their customers rather than doing their best to honor flights and ease the inconvenience of their paying customers. Just to top off my experience.. one agent qualified her excuses to me with the statement that "after all SW is low cost carrier" as if that is a good reason to totally inconvenience passengers. News flash to SW.. You are no longer less expensive than other short route carriers and you have lost my loyalty. SW is coasting on a reputation from when they had inexpensive flights, more direct flights and an energetic, competent staff. They no longer shine in any category and people will eventually catch on.

Here is to 2020 free from any SW flights and headaches .

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank 158phyllisw
Reviewed 1 January 2020

The crew was exceptional. Passed out snacks several times and always made sure we were comfortable. 2 Thumbs up to all at Southwest!

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 1 January 2020

This was the second cancellation of a Southwest flight in as many weeks. No explanation of why the cancellation, but makes it very difficult to plan a trip when the first aspect of it gets cancelled. Not a happy passenger.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

The plane was clean and the service fine, but we arrived about a half hour late which caused additional delay as we missed our original Tri-Rail train connection and had to wait at the Tri-Rail station an additional hour.

2  Thank David B
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.