“scam by SAA”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a flight from Capetown i was denied boarding,by the saa attendants for who are very arrogant and poorly trained.their client service is a nightmare. please for your own good avoid this airline like a plague. they are more of a scammers than a legit business.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviews (4 932)

2 - 6 of 4 932 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2024

My luggage was completely destroyed during my flight and I am in constant communication for over 3 months with their agents, trying to claim a luggage replacement, but the company keeps staling me and not providing proper resolution to the issue in hand.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 June 2024

I was slightly concerned before the flight. SAA have had a lot of trouble in the past e.g. government bailouts, reduction of routes etc. I was therefore expecting the worst, but from the check-in to disembarkation the whole process was great. Very friendly service at check in and onboard. I was also not expecting a food and drink service and that turned out to be great too. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely fly with them again.

Reviewed 31 May 2024

We were given the option to bid for an upgrade to business for our 9 hour flight. So glad to be successful. The SAA lounge was lovely, very spacious and good food. The plane seats, although not the newest style, were very comfortable, especially the cradle position (although they should ditch the metal footrest cradle as it’s only suitable for midgets). The bed position was comfortable enough. The in-flight service was faultless. Great value for upgrade price.

Reviewed 31 May 2024

I fly frequently. Safair is always on time or even early very pleasant experiences. 3rd SAA flight in 2 months and all 3 was delayed. No apology or reason is ever offered the delay time is just updated.

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.