“Horrible Customer service”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 11 June 2024

My luggage was completely destroyed during my flight and I am in constant communication for over 3 months with their agents, trying to claim a luggage replacement, but the company keeps staling me and not providing proper resolution to the issue in hand.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviews (4 932)

3 - 7 of 4 932 reviews

Reviewed 2 June 2024

I was slightly concerned before the flight. SAA have had a lot of trouble in the past e.g. government bailouts, reduction of routes etc. I was therefore expecting the worst, but from the check-in to disembarkation the whole process was great. Very friendly service at check in and onboard. I was also not expecting a food and drink service and that turned out to be great too. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely fly with them again.

Reviewed 31 May 2024

We were given the option to bid for an upgrade to business for our 9 hour flight. So glad to be successful. The SAA lounge was lovely, very spacious and good food. The plane seats, although not the newest style, were very comfortable, especially the cradle position (although they should ditch the metal footrest cradle as it’s only suitable for midgets). The bed position was comfortable enough. The in-flight service was faultless. Great value for upgrade price.

Reviewed 31 May 2024

I fly frequently. Safair is always on time or even early very pleasant experiences. 3rd SAA flight in 2 months and all 3 was delayed. No apology or reason is ever offered the delay time is just updated.

Reviewed 27 May 2024

I would like to appreciate the excellent service of the South African Airways staff in Johannesburg. This was my first flight with South African Airways. The day before United cancelled my Johannesburg to Newark flight due to mechanical problems. The flight to Cape Town was needed to then go to Newark.

The staff at the ticketing area at the Johannesburg airport oriented me and also gave me a ticket for the United flight.

I was impressed with the in flight service which included soft drinks, South African wines and beer. The lunch was disfruted in a cute box (photo included).

The 2 hour flight departed puntually and arrived on time at Cape Town. My luggage also arrived fine, and was delivered in about 15 minutes. Carry on luggage was restricted to less than 7 kg. The boarding does not follow a group 1, 2, etc; you just stand in-line.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.