“I had great experiences on my flight... However.”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 22 May 2024

I had great experiences on my flights from Windhoek to Johannesburg on Monday and return flight on Wednesday. Excellent service, Excellent food, Great hospitality.
I booked with SAA because they were recommended as the safest airline in S.A and I would agree with that. The only reason I didn't gave a 5 star rating is because they sanitized the cabin while the passengers were on board, stating that it is WHO approved and if you are concerned about harmful effects you should breath through a cloth... as if that would prevent breathing in disinfectant? I don't know if that is industry standard but that was a terrible experience for me. However I would like to state that my general experience was positive and I also intend my rating to be the same.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviews (4 934)

11 - 15 of 4 934 reviews

Reviewed 5 May 2024

We had a wonderful experience on South African Airways.
Professional staff, ample leg room, good food, fantastic pilot!
I would definitely recommend the airline!

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 23 April 2024

I flew on SAA from Joburg to Sao Paolo return. Firstly, I'm thrilled that SAA has restored these flights. Getting to Brazil is so much easier again. Secondly, the service was impeccable from beginning to end - excellent communications by whatsapp and email throughout; great food; wonderful helpful staff; excellent selection of films... I was so impressed, really. Thanks to the whole team.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Had 2 excellent trips in the SAA business cabin to and from Sao Paulo. Quality, on-time service as well as great hospitality in the inward and outbound lounges. Lie-flat beds were comfortable and amenities provided neat and modern. Good value for money for Business class travellers.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 6 April 2024

I had a flight from Cape Town to Brazil (operated by LATAM airline) with a stopover in Joburg (operated by SAA), I tried checking in for both flights online but I was told that I should check in by the airport counter in Cape Town. When I got to SAA’s counter they didn’t know what to do and said they wouldn’t be able to check in my Brazil flight. When messaged LATAM they said SAA should be the one checking in for both flights. Really bad communication between the 2 airlines and none of them were able to help me. Everything seems so difficult in South Africa, SAA airlines should train their employees better, worst customer service and I will do my best not to book a flight with SAA again.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.