“SAA becoming better ”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 28 October 2023

I received the best service from the flight attendants.Althogh the food was basic,but your cabin staff are the best and made everything perfect for I'm black but I need to compliment the White women staff that were soo friendly there.I took to flight from Cpt at 10:00am to Johannesburg today and the ladies and 1 guy were the best.Thank you SAA

• Seat comfort
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviews (4 931)

45 - 49 of 4 931 reviews

Reviewed 24 October 2023

We will never use SAA again. Our 2 flights to and from Jo’burg and Victoria Falls were each delayed causing us much stress. Customer information was zero, and no information was displayed on information boards and nobody was at the SAA desk. So, at the start of our holiday we had to rearrange the taxi meeting us and at the end chaos was caused by people missing their next flights from Jo’burg. We had to run to get our flight to Heathrow but our suitcases didn’t make it.

Reviewed 18 October 2023

I am not going to go into the detail..but words cannot describe the incompetence at handling flight cancelations
What a clown show

Reviewed 2 October 2023

I started writing this while in the plane.

This has been one of my favourite trip I’ve had in a while.

- [ ] Firstly on time. !!! I don’t think I need to elaborate further on the importance of this. There is nothing I value more in my life than time. So feels like we were very much aligned on that.
- [ ] The flight was very warm…I took a late night flight on another airline when I went to Joburg and my feet were freezing cold. I did not have that experience this time. It was not too hot not too cold…it was just perfect.
- [ ] I didn’t personally have any of the food but it smelt incredible and looked well packaged and looked like it just got off the stove right before it got to everyone.
- [ ] The gentleman (Molefi Molefe) was such a delight…actually all the staff that I saw…I guess I mention him personally because he was who I interacted with the most and was ‘serving’ my side of the aircraft the most. He was super friendly…incredibly enthusiastic and looked like it was bright and early in the morning and the day had just started (this is to describe how energetic and pleasant he was at that time of the night) ( I may have gotten his name wrong…I have terrible eye sight and I was not wearing my glasses)
- [ ] Just super delightful flight and thank you to all the crew aboard who held it down that late in the evening.
- [ ] Thank you to everyone who flew us to Cape Town safely.
- [ ] SAA will definitely always be my first choice from now on.
- [ ] Oh, but the exiting of the aircraft leaves a lot to be desired…everyone could be instructed to exit in an orderly fashion (row per row)…I mean I personally did not care much because it is going to be another wait for baggage anyway…but yeah! However…I guess I cannot blame you guys for other people’s behaviour and their haste (to go hang around baggage claim …make it make sense)

Date of travel: September 2023
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Vacation00256810408
Reviewed 30 September 2023

I am normally not one to go out and vent about a company, but my experience with South African Airways has forced my hand. After cancelling our flight during COVID, they provided an opportunity to convert our vouchers into points with their Voyager rewards program. After not receiving our points after the expected duration of time had passed, 10+ calls to their customer service team resulted in no points being provided still to this day. Several of my calls were incompetently met with "they'll be loaded into your account next week because there is a delay", which spanned across 2 months worth of weekly follow-up calls. If you call one agent, they will say something different from another agent you may talk to if you call back right away. Some agents know next to nothing, some try their best to be helpful - but it is clear their internal processes are disorganized and disjointed. Living in Canada, it is an absolute nightmare trying to contact their customer service by phone since if you send them an email you will never ever receive a response.

That all said, despite my ill feelings in light of the above experience, the flight itself was decent enough. I am however turned off by the whole experience and will refuse to book another flight with SAA again unless absolutely necessary.

Go with Airlink instead!

Date of travel: September 2023
1  Thank jchinny19
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.