“4 internal flights,”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We travelled to Port Elizabeth, from Cape Town,and Victoria Falls.
The flights were uneventful. They provided kosher food for us. As a group. we had little choice in seat assignments and frequently did not have the aisle seat needed for my husband. The service was pleasant.

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (4 845)

1 489 - 1 493 of 4 845 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Before we even left after we booked and payed South African airline changed our flight. We had to leave a day earlier and come back a day later. They were not prepared to pay for the extra hotels only after many emails they agreed to pay for one of the hotels we had to pay for an extra night plus transport. We couldn't change our dates as we were booked on a tour. It was also too late to cancel and book another flight with another airline. We had to fly with Virgin to Perth and on the way back from Perth to Sydney. The flight with Virgin was no where business class quality...it was only called business class. Never again...

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I paid extra to sit in a bulk head seat and that was a mistake. While I did not have a neighbor, the seat was smaller and the seat belt was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced on a flight. It was "padded" and bulkier that the regular seat belt and took up a lot of space in the seat. That made for a long 15+ hour flight. I am not a huge fan of curry and it seems that most of the food has that ingredient.
The flight attendants are helpful and attentive and I enjoyed the choices of entertainment. I have flown SA many times and it now seems to be "hit or miss" on the experience.

Date of travel: June 2018
2  Thank Thea G
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I almost forget about South African Airline, if you don't ask me to review my airline experience. Over the past two decades, I have flied to South African Airways a few time and it's always my first choice (or Qantas, they code-share, & I haven't given much thoughts which is which).
The food and wine are good at SAA and their freebies are well-considered and very useful & hard to find/buy too. e.g. I love the small plastic zip-bag (with the SAA design in blue) & use them to separate my cards, small changes, etc. well-organized to slip in my pocket.

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Very comfortable flight with comfortable seats and good leg room.
Pity the cost is so high as I cant afford this airline regularly.
The legroom and seats are actually more comfortable than other airlines I have traveled on domestically.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank lesliehH1399WG
US$USD
South Africa
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.