“SA Express to Gaborone”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 9 February 2018

This is a quick flight between Johannesburg and Gaborone. This airline is ideal for a business trip with numerous flights per day to choose from. Good service and on time.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3 494)

839 - 843 of 3 494 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2018

gret flight with south african airways, very good leg room, staff very friendly and always happy to help, smooth checkinn process, this was a return flight same great service on both trips

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We flew twice with South African Airways on our recent Zambia/South Africa holiday. Once was to Livingstone Airport and the other leg was from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. We were very impressed with both the planes and the staff, who could not have more helpful. We are returning to Zambia and South Africa in January, 2019 and will definitely be booking with SAA. I've even joined their frequent flyer club!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Over the past 20 years I have flown a huge amount of miles on SAA (and most other major airlines around the world), but have to say the service on SAA has deteriorated and each time I hope to see some kind of change (surprisingly, flying to Munich was probably one of the best flights I have had with SAA in the past few years, but then back to reality on the flight home and thoughts of, “why did I do this to myself”).

As a so called priority customer (with life time platinum), you would expect to be greeted or see some level of appreciation, I was not acknowledged at all, the staff serving did not greet any of the passengers (no hello or friendly approach, just what would you like), certain seats in economy are smaller than the standard size which makes them extremely uncomfortable (with a tray table in the arm rest and airbag on the seat belt). The meals are seriously horrible (no flavor or taste to them), as such I hardly ate on the flight. Inflight entertainment did not work, and was rebooted (still had issues), so nothing to watch. The flight was late on arrival, which I have got used to by now.

As much as I would like to support SAA, as far as I can, I really have a hard time convincing myself to fly with them (when I have options).

Reviewed 7 February 2018

very disappointed to arrive at airport for return flight home only to be told flight cancelled due to bad weather in new york it would have been appropriate to notify traveler at their destination{ capetown} it was only when i arrived home that i found an email that flight was cancelled no provisions made for hotel etc. in capetown very unhappy and expensive experience