“efficient and friendly cabin crew”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Good service and friendly and efficient cabin crew.
Aircraft clean and on time. Seats comfortable with plenty of entertainment on-board.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviews (2 093)

320 - 324 of 2 093 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

So disappointed with this airline. Really friendly and helpful staff, but I'm afraid the rest is not good. Massive problems with the on board entertainment, only came on a few hours into the flight (on both flights). Tv screen is small and not stable, arm rests are uncomfortable, no food after the meals (all night). Just disappointing

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Ground staff in Sao Paulo were great. We sat at the emergency exits and whilst sleeping, sunglasses and other items were stolen from the magazine pouch at the window. I am very sure that the only people who had leaned into our space were airline crew, to shut the blind, and at one point, due to turbulence, two crew members were seated across from us in their jump seats. Upon discovering that items had disappeared, we reported this, only to receive shoulder shrugs. Ground staff at Oliver Tambo then refused to accept that our excess luggage had been paid for all the way to Cape Town and they claimed that if there had been currency shifts overnight, we would have to pay in...ridiculous! No mention of a currency change in our favour with a reimbursement. So, all these calls and calculations resulted in a lost onwards connection...no apology...just the opposite: abuse. Never again SAA...any airline but. Luckily, you never the cheapest on any routing, so there is no cost pressure to harm our commitment.

2  Thank stevebenade
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Administration service is totally inadequate. They do not bother responding to email queries. Do not bother to ask questions by email as all you get is an automated response advising to wait for 10 days. After followup emails. . . Still no answers.
However. Ground staff and flight attendants are first class in friendliness efficiency and helpfulness. Legroom excellent (better than BA longhaul) and comfy.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I must say that operators at ground are amazing - helpful, kind, and professional. I had a big problem arriving in Johannesburg - no visa, and I was supposed to move myself the baggage from another airline to them. Although I got the transit visa for this - the operator at the desk told me that she will proceed this for me, it's not my problem... and I trusted her, she was so professional. Next day, my baggage was in Gaborone, so many thanks, guys! The travel was around 50 min, in a tiny little plane, so nothing special to share...

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)