“The very best Airline to Travel with!”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Our choice of airlines to fly with has always been Singapore Airlines. They are so well managed and make traveling a breeze. We travel extensively and always look at routes that they can provide for us. From either booking on line or via their offices in Cape Town, to flying and returning home and wonderful inflight service, you really have to try Singapore Airlines...you will not want to travel with anyone else there after! We do travel to some unusual destinations and I am always full of endless questions and I really must thank Riana in the Cape Town Office for her excellent customer service. A thank you to Mr Justin Lin, at Singapore Airlines ,Cape Towns Airport for his wonderful assistance. We can not wait to travel with Singapore Airlines!! Thank You !!

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (18 951)

6 256 - 6 260 of 18 951 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My spouse wanted to go to Japan for years, but always had a mental block of travelling to Japan because it's so expensive. We had an opportunity to take a rather expensive architecture tour.

We booked business class tickets that would route us from Seattle to Los Angeles to Tokyo round trip for two. My spouse wants to fly business class as it offers more comfort at about three times the cost of economy.

We had heard about Singapore Airlines having great service and had never taken them before. We purchased separate tickets from Juneau to Seattle, overnight. Virgin America from Seattle to Los Angeles, overnight. Singapore Airlines from Los Angeles to Tokyo. Before our flight out of Los Angeles, our business class tickets invites us to use the Star Alliance airport lounge in Los Angeles prior to our departure with showers available.

Getting on board in their over the top huge business class seating. We have traveled on several international air flights on business class. Each airline in the business class has their own unique seating design. It wasn't the best nor the worst. There was no amenity/toiletry kit offered.

The climate temperature was much too warm for us and no individual air vents to aid in cooling comfort. We mentioned it twice about the temperature discomfort, but it still wasn't satisfactory, leaving us all uncomfortable and perspiring by the time we arrived in Tokyo.

The seat converts into a flat bed with vibrations. I didn't feel all the comfortable to fall for a long sleep. The food tray doesn't allow enough of a space gap and I feel like being pinned in, making it difficult to leave my seat. The seat belt release has a larger arc of travel before it unlatches. The food served was exceptional with the Arctic Char not overcooked. The entertainment system has nice large screens with quite a good selection of international films with rather good content.

In the end with our own personal experience in temperature and somewhat seating discomfort, we are unlikely to take another flight with Singapore Airlines.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

For me, this is the best Airlines for long hour flight... Last time I took a night flight with Singapore Airlines from Surabaya-Indonesia to Incheon-South Korea (2 hours transit at Singapore) and I have a good rest because the legroom quite spacious n the seat is really comfortable... The food n beverages also delicious... The flight attendants also very nice and helpfull... In flight entertainment have many selection of movies, music, and also games... Definetely will always choose this Airlines for my next long hour flights!!!

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I flew this this morning and frankly, I was not impressed. Check in was fine in fact we took our checked luggage in the night before since it was an early departure. The airplane was an older A330. It was clean inside but they were the older sleeper seats and showing there age. Overhead bins were small and har to put carry on luggage in straight on. Restrooms were small and old fashion. Flight attendants were alright but they have 2 bad habits. They mumble announcements and make them hard to understand. In Business Class they tend to give attention to 1 or 2 passengers. Maybe it is because these passengers are VIP’s but ten again, I feel passengers are equal. These 2 things, I have notice on previous flights. Shinning light on this flight was the food. It was very good. The service was poor since some people had refills on drinks before you got your first. Overall not impressed.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

First time I have used Singapore Airlines and was happy with the overall experience. Plane was clean and tidy , service was great and for someone who generally dislikes airline food the food was more than acceptable. Would be happy to use the airline again and happy to recommend to others.

• Food and Beverage