“Checkin 4 hours prior to flight a must.”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ryan requires you to check in at least 4 hours prior to flight. If you try checking in at the airport, you will be required to pat almost the full price of the ticket. I saw several passengers coughing up 68 Euros simply because they did not check in. We were a party of of 8, and 7 of us had checked in. The 8th passenger was asked to pay 68 Euro.

Other than that, the flight had no problem.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (54 498)

5 967 - 5 971 of 54 498 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Too many "hens" who can't behave, are allowed in the flight get drunk and then allowed to buy more. Constantly going up and down the aisle asking people (who had paid to reserve their seats) if they would mind moving so they could all sit together! Time Ryanair dealt with groups love me this - it's certainly put me of flying with them again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Cancelles our flight which they claim due to industrial action in Italy - the thing is it was over before the flight would have even left UK airspace. State no compensation under article 7 due. TBH I wasn't bothered about this but given the actions they have taken since, now becoming a point of principle.

we had taken a flight to visit a dying relative breaking up our trip to do so. As soon as we got to the house, a tect stating cancelled reasons unknown. Rather than spending time with said relative, now had to start dealing with the shambles that is Ryanair. links in text broken. finally found next available flight was 3 days later - no good to us as we had left all our stuff in Italy to travel back for compassionate reasons and had to go back. Contacted on line chat - nearly an hour to get through and could only offer same option or flights from Stanted one day later (which were all sold out) with no idea given of how they would organise transport to Stansted. Whilst this was going on, last alternate flights the following day disappeared as no doubt all the passengers on the cancelled flight were trying to do the same. then offered flights three days later taking 3 changes and over 20 hours so refused and asked if I could now book a flight with an alternative airline - answer was a defintive yes. in meantime hours spent dealing with these cowboys rather than spending time with terminally ill relative expected to not last the night

Booked a flight with Cityflyer from MAN to FLR following day same class as Ryanair, for same cost as JET2 flights would have been (supposedley Ryanair;s alternative partner not that it is relevant and they can't pick and choose although they insist they can.

Now have refused to pay for flights claiming I didn't contact them first even though they cant;t refuse under article 8. Have also refused to pay for 2 second class advance railfares from Leeds eben though they have to pay for a taxi and refused £19 in meals (2 sandwiches each for 2 people to cover 26 hours) again due under artcile 9 as well as a last minute hotel at £48. I've hardly gobe mad on bumping up a claim and to add insult to injury they've kept the money for the flight that they cancelled - if that isn't theft then I don't know what is.

Reason for refusal is they claim I didn't contact them first which is just a barefaced lie and I contacted them twice before booking this flight - not that I needed to as article 7 says I can just go ahead and do it if they can't supply a suitable flight. As such, now over £300 out of pocket in addtion to the flights I paid this rogue company.

Oh and by the way, they also are breaking the law in respect of GDPR as refused several times to supply a transcript of the on-line chate even though they are legally obliged to do so and can be heavily fined.

No doubt plenty of people on here will say they're cheap and so they sometimes are. However, when things go wrong, expect no compassion, no help, no compliance with the law and not only that they'll keep your money.

Should have O'Leary on watchdog's rogue traders.

Anyone thinking of booking with Ryanair, please use someone else - they aren't that cheap

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Says economy but it was Priority plus . So I pay for my luggage and then someone who has not gets it taken of them and put on the plane free and it comes off first. RIP OFF

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Awful to get your boarding card. They split you up, to get you to chose seat, and pay for that. Delayed half an hour. Never flight with Ryanair again!