“You get what you pay for”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pretty much what I expected, not much leg room but it was Ok for short (ish) journey) wouldn't want to do any longer flight with Ryanair

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37 073)

513 - 517 of 37 073 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Easter Sunday flights being delayed all over the place but this one was one time but only just. We were rattled through the gate and onto the plane.

A party of three had been victims of the algorithm to get one to pay to sit together and we were no going to be caught like that. So. Middle seats in rows as far apart as we could be put!

I have mobility issues and by choice worked my way up the stairs with my stick attempting to maintain some dignity.

Seat 1b front row!

I asked if the flight attendant could help me put my stick somewhere safe and we put it in the overhead locker. As I sat down I realised that the seat was very narrow and the arm rests were of a solid metal frame. Once in there is no chance to move unless size 6.

Eventually I fastened my seat belt and we hurtled around the taxi lanes to avoid a late take off.

Once airborne I noticed a yellow sticker which informed me that no one with mobility issues or children should sit in these seats and that it was a legal requirement,

As the seat belt sign was on and this was only a 40m minute flight, I kept my fingers crossed and all was well other than be chilled to the bone by the aluminium stantions in constant contact with my legs for over an hour.

Never again, deliberately separate me from my family for profit, maybe, chill my dodgy legs, too much, but to risk the safety of a plane load of people for a few quid is way beyond disgraceful.

3  Thank Glenn H
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a terrible experience flying to London on Ryanair. Our flight to stanstead was cancelled which was not the airlines fault as there was a fire there, however, they didn’t bother to tell us!! They told us the flight was 40 mins delayed as we stood waiting in line to board so we went off for awhile instead of standing there. About 25 mins later we went back and nobody was there not even any staff to tell us what was happening we had to find someone to tell us. I heard other people also had not been informed and the staff clearly ran off to avoid any questions when they should have waited the 40 mins to explain to people returning to the gate! We did receive an email informing us of the cancelled flight approx half an hour after we eventually found out. We flew aer lingus the next morning instead -FAR better service generally. Then on our return flight home with Ryanair they put my carry on bag in the hold. I expressed that I was not happy about parting with my one bag as I did not have time to wait for it from baggage reclaim as did the woman ahead of me but no they weren’t having any of it unless we were priority customers. Even though there was plenty of room in the overhead for my bag when the plane was fully seated. So they now charge for you to sit beside the person you are travelling with and to bring a bag on the plane but instead of phrasing it like that they just don’t explain clearly on the website and inform you as you board the plane instead which is sly and dishonest. Honestly will never be flying Ryanair again when the service is below basic and seems to just keep getting worse every time I fly with them there is a new charge. Shocking and to be avoided as it may look cheap at the start it actually all adds up and is not good value at all! Aer lingus is so much better!

2  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was not able to print the return boarding pass on line, because the hotel we had, the printer was not working, so thought no more about it, as with other airlines you can do this at the airport. Alas with Ryanair you can not, unless you pay another E20 per person, what a rip off, they even tried to say, we had not checked in, which we had for the outward part of our flights, and said, you will have to pay E55. After some conversations, where I informed the lady, we must of checked in, or we would not have been allowed on the outward flight to Malta. Eventually I just paid the E40 for the both of us, and gave up. This happened to at least 5 other family's that I saw. So annoying

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having bought priority boarding, was annoyed that we were all herded around like sheep, by a mature lady that should have gone to a better school and learnt some manners, not the best way to start a holiday!!!!!!!