“Qatar airways checking sucks”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 14 June 2024

The check in process is such Hassel.
There is only 6 counter for a flight passenger size of 412 and the staff are not very friendly
There is no distinction between online check in and other counter. The wait time to check in is approx 3 hours . Ridiculous

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviews (36 223)

160 - 164 of 36 223 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2024

Unfortunately I am going to write out two complaints that I feel that aren’t being resolved and I have been trying to have them resolved since February. I have two complaints, complaint one I am receiving no response, complaint number two I believe some miscommunication is taking place hence the issue has not been resolved. I have been going through the proper channels as advised. I have been speaking to staff using the live chat function on their website and I have also been using the feedback section on their website as advised. I had also been responding to emails sent by their staff members which mostly they do not respond to and when I am getting responses to (complaint 2) they repeat the information already given to me and the case has not been resolved.

1) Complaint 1 (outbound flight). London Heathrow to Jeddah Airport.
I use a folding mobility scooter which I checked in. Once I had landed in Jeddah Airport, I received the scooter in a damaged state, one of the moving parts that is integral for it to be folded /and I hurt myself as a result. I had initially used the live chat service and they had advised me to use the feedback section. I put in a complaint through this with images, description, everything and I received no response. I had double checked my email address to ensure it was input properly (and subsequently after) and I had received nothing. Since then I have put in several complaints via the feedback section and received no response yet.

2)Complaint 2 (return flight). Jeddah Airport to London Gatwick Airport.
This is of my making however how it is being handled is what I take issue with. I had to separate and keep my mobility scooter battery. This was on the flight back from Jeddah to London. Now, the flight I had was a layover and when changing from the 1st plane to the 2nd plane I realised I had left my battery behind and I had asked if I could return to retrieve it and I was refused, I understood.

Upon my return to the UK I put this into the feedback section and after a few times of this, I had started receiving emails. I had been responding to emails they had sent me and finally I had began receiving responses. After some back and forth I was informed that I am to travel to Hamad Int Airport and I had responded to that email (informing them that I reside in the UK and London Heathrow Airport is closest to me) on a couple of occasions I believe and I had received a response informing me that the battery will be sent to London Heathrow. Then I had sent in another feedback since I stopped receiving responses via email. I had then put in another feedback and I was sent an email informing me that I am to provide information to them that I had already provided. I had then responded to that email and copied and pasted the email that I had received of the gentleman who informed me that the battery will be sent to London Heathrow Airport and the response I received was that it will take time for this to be sorted. I had initially reported this in February and still no one seems to know what is happening. All I know that this battery is still in Hamad Int Airport.

If someone from Qatar could please help me with both of these issues I would be grateful. I have no idea who else to go to. I had called UK Airports and did some research online and I do not see any ‘body’ that oversees Qatar also. Hence why I am complaining here as I do not know where else to go.

Please help me with the above please Qatar Airways.

Thank you so very much.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 14 June 2024

When I was going to vacation to Chicago there was a very good flight attendant that helped me in Business class. His name was Najmudeen.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 14 June 2024

I have emailed Qatar Airways (as you can see below) and they emailed me back with the wrong name and details. So I emailed them back and I received an email back regarding my complaint they are saying nothing like this happened, and the person we complained about doesn't exist. There were four of us and one more family were there with us they are saying the same but Qatar Airways has disregarded my whole email.

Dear Qatar Airways Customer Service Team,
I am writing to express my profound disappointment and dissatisfaction with the level of service provided by Qatar Airways during my recent journey. I know people who have used Qatar Airlines before and have given good reviews so I had high expectations for the quality of service and professionalism that Qatar Airways is known for. However, my experience with your airline fell far short of these expectations, particularly in comparison to
the exceptional service I have received from other airlines, such as Saudi Airlines and Virgin
Airways.
Prior to my journey, I had provided detailed information regarding the wheelchair requirements for my special needs child, including measurements and weight specifications.
Despite this, upon my arrival at the airport, I encountered significant difficulties in obtaining the necessary wheelchair assistance readily available. This stands in stark contrast to my experiences with other airlines, such as Saudi Airlines and Virgin Airways, where similar requests were handled promptly and efficiently, with no room for error.
Furthermore, I had explicitly requested wheelchair assistance at every stop throughout my journey, emphasising the unique needs of my son, who is unable to sit in a standard
wheelchair. Despite these requests, Qatar Airways failed to provide the necessary support,
leaving me feeling helpless and frustrated. In contrast, other airlines have consistently demonstrated a commitment to accommodating passengers with special needs, ensuring a smooth and stress-free travel experience for both myself and my son. In addition to the inadequate wheelchair assistance, I was deeply disappointed by the rude
and unprofessional behaviour exhibited by certain Qatar Airways staff members, particularly
the special holiday team supervisor, Abrar. Abrar's disrespectful demeanour and dismissive attitude towards my concerns only served to exacerbate the distressing situation, further highlighting the disparity in customer service standards between Qatar Airways and other
airlines.
As a discerning traveller, I value exceptional service and professionalism, qualities that I have consistently found lacking in my recent experience with Qatar Airways. It is disheartening to see such a stark contrast between the service provided by your airline and that of your competitors. As a result, I am left questioning whether Qatar Airways truly
prioritises the needs and well-being of its passengers, particularly those with special requirements.
In light of the above, I urge Qatar Airways to take immediate action to address the deficiencies in your services and uphold the high standards of customer service that are
expected of a reputable airline. This should include providing comprehensive training for your staff on how to assist passengers with special needs with sensitivity and efficiency. Additionally, I request a formal apology from Qatar Airways for the distress and
inconvenience caused by this ordeal. I trust that Qatar Airways will take this matter seriously and implement the necessary measures to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. As a valued customer, I sincerely hope that you will take steps to restore my faith in your airline and ensure that all passengers receive the level of service and care they deserve. I am also attaching my tickets and
a photo of how my son was transported from one aircraft to another.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 14 June 2024

We had a flight delay from Athens to Doha leading us to miss our connection from Doha to Hong Kong. The rescheduling service was horrible. I was lucky to get the next direct flight but my partner was rescheduled onto a different flight via Bangkok. True, we booked our flights separately but we checked in together. How could they separate us??? And apparently, they failed to confirm my partner’s (and other passenger’s) flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong so they had to wait another several hours from 9pm to roughly 2 am before catching the next flight. This is horrible experience! We have both emailed them almost 3 weeks ago and there’s been no response. We were promised compensation in Doha airport but nothing till this day! Horrible and does not deserve to be called the best airline in the Middle East!

Date of travel: May 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.