“HIGHLY overrated airline”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 21 April 2024

Poor ground operations led to delayed flight and caused our group to miss our connection in Doha; rebooking handled in a farcical way upon landing in Doha. Ended up with 18 hr layover (and told multiple lies while on the ground - much of that on the Doha airport staff).

We won’t be using Qatar Air or ever transition through DOH again - don’t believe all of this “#1 airport in the world” rubbish - nor is Qatar Air anything close to a #1 airline in my experience (based on 3 flights under the belt in the last week)

2  Thank sasinny
Reviews (35 932)

166 - 170 of 35 932 reviews

Award winning? Hahahahahahaha……..never!
Last three trips with Qatar Airways:
1. Pre-booked extra leg room seat but Qatar airways decided it was ok to split my wife and I up without no warning or communication.
2. Wife’s suitcase lost. Turned up two days later with no communication or apology.
3. Landed in Auckland and my suitcase had been opened. After 4 months of constantly chasing they’ve denied any responsibility. The country manager couldn’t even be bothered to reply to a personal email.

DREADFUL service. Award winning is honestly nothing more than false advertising.

Much better off with Emirates or Singapore Airlines.

Date of travel: December 2023
3  Thank 43PaulS43
Reviewed 21 April 2024

I am extremely disappointed with how the airline has handled a major issue. Our baggage has been left in a different country, and after over 30 hours, we are still without our clothes and basic necessities. A person contacted us and said the bags would arrive tomorrow. I mentioned that my father-in-law is over 75 years old with lots of health issues and won't be able to carry the bags up three levels, as I return from work late in that evening. The guy was unfriendly and unsupportive telling us he's not responsible. He insisted that the elderly man must go and retrieve the luggage and carry them up three levels. Is it possible? Is it fair? best airline!!!

2  Thank masoudt76
Reviewed 21 April 2024

I don’t have complaint on the flight but the ground service was bad. Basically I missed flight from JFK to CMH and Qatar representative was supposed to help us. There were 10 passengers including a wheelchair passenger( who missed the flight) we were abandoned in JFK. We had to arrange tickets on our own, find transport and go to LGA and fly to CMH.
Otherwise flight from KTM to JFK was pleasant and nice
Paid 10$ for flight internet which was not working at all!!

3  Thank sanju M
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Though I had mailed the concerned department for special assistance for my son before 48 hours to our flight. I didn't get any response and had to request in person in airport. Our journey was fine until I had to face the terrible service in Tribhuwan Airport, Nepal from help/information desk and the counter. Had very inadequate counter and had to literally go through lines 2times with my autistic child because the person on information desk asked me to go to the wrong counter to queue in. I would really suggest Qatar Airways to look into this matter and hire more human resource on Tribhuwan Airport for the counter or have different boarding counter open for the special needs. Otherwise the journey was okay and would recommend the Qatar Airlines for travel.

1  Thank Khema S
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.