“Bad attitude from ground crew!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Ground staff attitude sucks!

We travelled with 2 kids. Usually is the case with other airlines, they will make an announcement to let you know that families with kids can board first.
In Madrid - no announcement was made, and although a few of the ground crew can be seen walking up and down checking on the passengers’s boarding passes, they never bothered to let us know that there’s a special lane for families with kids to board. Only when I queried that one of the ground crew said yes you can board first and showed me where to queue.
In Doha airport, even WORSE!
We were queuing to board the plane when one ground crew (a lady) made an announcement for families with kids to come forward and board the plane first. One family with a small kid went to the front of the queue and I followed as well since I have 2 kids. There and then the ground crew yelled ‘Not you madam!’, to which I showed her my 2 kids. She responded by saying ‘No, you have to queue in the line’. I was upset as she was being rude by yelling, and how was it that the rules were different in Madrid than in Doha? What is the age classification for a child for Qatar Airways?
And when it was our turn to show her our passports and boarding passes, I think she could tell that I was upset, but proceeded to ask me if i was pregnant (when clearly I was not!). She totally did that to embarrass me in front of the other passengers. Such a horrendous attitude. As it was 3am, i just ignored her and said no. From my observation, I can see that she was being polite only to Caucasian passengers.

With that kind of attitude that I experienced from their ground crew, i don’t think I will fly Qatar again. You’re much better of flying with other airlines.

How they were voted 2nd best airline for 2023, I have no idea!!

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank Hanis M
Reviews (35 716)

226 - 230 of 35 716 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Worst Airline you could fly with. They extremely overbook their flights so there is a high possibility you don't get a seat even though you paid for it. They don't care about your suitcases either. I saw one falling down from 10m hight directly from the airplane. They have the worst customer service and I would never use that airline again.

1  Thank Passport24164902217
Reviewed 27 February 2024

The counter employee was very unprofessional and rude. I was travelling solo and I asked for a window seat, he nodded NO. I did not get it; Why NO!!! On boarding the plane, I saw the people who were at the line behind me were seated by the window!!!!! He seated me in the middle and I felt very restless all the way for more than 7 hours. Still don't understand what is wrong with them. Nothing special about this Qatar Airways. Never again. Avoid it.

1  Thank emmysamir
Reviewed 27 February 2024

Qatar airways is very exploitative and discriminatory. Poor customer service, and they refused to refund my unused ticket. Their Customer Service is the worst I’ve even experienced since I’ve been flying international airlines. Never again!

Date of travel: July 2023
1  Thank juliet p
Reviewed 27 February 2024

The food selection was not that good, the entertainment was not user friendly, and most of time faulty and looking old fashion and complicated to use, hope Qatar airways could upgrade it,
The flight was ok despite type of class seat bought we reach safe to the destination

l bought extra leg room seat, but not much difference compared to economy seat although it was expensive.

Not to forget the steward n dess are very good

Overall i will fly again with Qatar airways as above merely my own experience.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.