“10/10 flying experience”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 16 June 2023

Absolutely class service from the check in at LGW all the way to Cape Town. Even had wifi on board for economy passengers which was new to me. The staff were really friendly and welcoming, flight experience was 10/10 very comfortable and smooth landings and take offs. Pleasure to fly with Qatar, they have now become my favorite airline to fly with.

Date of travel: April 2023
1  Thank Nk4rl
Reviews (35 731)

1 295 - 1 299 of 35 731 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2023

I booked my flight BLR to MAD on Qatar airways webside but they put me in Indigo flight which was horrible 4 hours flight in a very small plane 3-3. All seats around me where horribly noisy , the minute you change slightly position makes a cracking loudly noise so was very disappointed and my daughter flew 2 weeks back and happen the same. Before the entire flight was done by Qatar two legs flight but not anymore. Price was very expensive too, so watch out with this airline because the flight is QR 4787 but you fly with another company and u dont know untill you have made the payment!!!!.

Rude staff
I usually travel by Emirates business and this was my first time traveling with Qatar. My first interaction with the staff was for rescheduling the flight. It was very rude experience. The person didn't seem interested and seemed like I was wasting their time. They also hung up on the conversation abruptly in a very impolite manner which I have never experienced in the hospitality industry.

Broken contents in the bags
Next was the check in at Ahmedabad airport. I asked the staff to mark my bag fragile but they were busy chatting among themselves..after multiple repetitions, they told me that its taken care of. On reaching the destination I find the contents on my bags to be broken and in pieces. Bags seem to have been handled very roughly based on the tears on them. So if you are carrying anything expensive or have good bags, this flight would be a very bad decision. And mind you, all this was in business class, I cant imagine what happens in the economy class.

Assistance
At Ahmedabad Qatar counter I asked for assistance with the bags at the destination since I have a slipped disc and lifting heavy bags was impossible for me . They simply told me that I needd to mention it at the Doha airport(which was the hop) and it will be taken care of. At Doha airport they informed me that there is no such assistance provided on their end and I take care of it myself. Now at destination airport portors refuse to assit you many times when you have fewer bags which is why it was crucial for me to get help. The person at Qatar help desk at Doha airport simply looked amused at my request and said that there isnt much they can do before asking me to leave for my boarding snarkily.

Inflight experience
However, the in flight staff was good and there was no problem there. The only reason I have given 2 stars is completely because the in flight service was good. But he value of the damaged goods and the lack of empathy shown by the rest of the staff was a very underwhelming experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Qatar support is realy good, there was a mistake with birthday and they have corrected it easily. we travel for more than 15 year with Qatar

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Doha-Hanoi 13 June 2023 on a B787. Flight on time. Smooth cooperation with their partner Rwandair by whom I arrived with in Doha early morning coming from Kigali. Luggage transfer went smooth, arrived quickly in Hanoi. In Doha I had 12 hours layover; I was eventually denied a hotel stay by carrier but had lounge access to their decent Platinum lounge. Onboard, recognised as elite traveller and was well pampered by professional attendants. They secured me 3 seats in a row by applying seat-block for me as elite flier. The plane was not fully occupied as this is a new, additional flight on this route. IFE of high class and movies renewed frequently. Food onboard improving for QR: 3 offerings at dinner, of which I had two dishes of beef, which was excellent. Beers were, as usual for Qatar Airways, of ridiculous poor quality, while wines were fair, including a sparkling Spanish cava. The wineglasses are so shamelessly stingily small that they embarrass and even humiliate the passengers. They hold 5-8 cl only. The only ones I have seen smaller are Air Chinas’ champagne glasses, which holds 2-4 cl in microscopic sized glasses. The wineglasses on my previous flight, Rwandair, are 4 times larger than those of QR. Amenity kit given though rather useless. A hot snack was offered before morning landing in Hanoi. Recommended, can't obviously demand much more for economy class. But the seats in the Dreamliners are provocatively narrow to the seats in front of you. Bring onboard your own drinking glasses, slippers, and headset. Qatar Airways' tickets have become too expensive during Corona; appear to be priceleading; this could be fatal for the airline as groundservices remain subpar

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.