“Unprofessional ground staff, Broken items in the bags and inflight experience”
Review of Qatar Airways

Rude staff
I usually travel by Emirates business and this was my first time traveling with Qatar. My first interaction with the staff was for rescheduling the flight. It was very rude experience. The person didn't seem interested and seemed like I was wasting their time. They also hung up on the conversation abruptly in a very impolite manner which I have never experienced in the hospitality industry.

Broken contents in the bags
Next was the check in at Ahmedabad airport. I asked the staff to mark my bag fragile but they were busy chatting among themselves..after multiple repetitions, they told me that its taken care of. On reaching the destination I find the contents on my bags to be broken and in pieces. Bags seem to have been handled very roughly based on the tears on them. So if you are carrying anything expensive or have good bags, this flight would be a very bad decision. And mind you, all this was in business class, I cant imagine what happens in the economy class.

Assistance
At Ahmedabad Qatar counter I asked for assistance with the bags at the destination since I have a slipped disc and lifting heavy bags was impossible for me . They simply told me that I needd to mention it at the Doha airport(which was the hop) and it will be taken care of. At Doha airport they informed me that there is no such assistance provided on their end and I take care of it myself. Now at destination airport portors refuse to assit you many times when you have fewer bags which is why it was crucial for me to get help. The person at Qatar help desk at Doha airport simply looked amused at my request and said that there isnt much they can do before asking me to leave for my boarding snarkily.

Inflight experience
However, the in flight staff was good and there was no problem there. The only reason I have given 2 stars is completely because the in flight service was good. But he value of the damaged goods and the lack of empathy shown by the rest of the staff was a very underwhelming experience.

Reviews (35 932)

1 463 - 1 467 of 35 932 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Qatar support is realy good, there was a mistake with birthday and they have corrected it easily. we travel for more than 15 year with Qatar

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Doha-Hanoi 13 June 2023 on a B787. Flight on time. Smooth cooperation with their partner Rwandair by whom I arrived with in Doha early morning coming from Kigali. Luggage transfer went smooth, arrived quickly in Hanoi. In Doha I had 12 hours layover; I was eventually denied a hotel stay by carrier but had lounge access to their decent Platinum lounge. Onboard, recognised as elite traveller and was well pampered by professional attendants. They secured me 3 seats in a row by applying seat-block for me as elite flier. The plane was not fully occupied as this is a new, additional flight on this route. IFE of high class and movies renewed frequently. Food onboard improving for QR: 3 offerings at dinner, of which I had two dishes of beef, which was excellent. Beers were, as usual for Qatar Airways, of ridiculous poor quality, while wines were fair, including a sparkling Spanish cava. The wineglasses are so shamelessly stingily small that they embarrass and even humiliate the passengers. They hold 5-8 cl only. The only ones I have seen smaller are Air Chinas’ champagne glasses, which holds 2-4 cl in microscopic sized glasses. The wineglasses on my previous flight, Rwandair, are 4 times larger than those of QR. Amenity kit given though rather useless. A hot snack was offered before morning landing in Hanoi. Recommended, can't obviously demand much more for economy class. But the seats in the Dreamliners are provocatively narrow to the seats in front of you. Bring onboard your own drinking glasses, slippers, and headset. Qatar Airways' tickets have become too expensive during Corona; appear to be priceleading; this could be fatal for the airline as groundservices remain subpar

Reviewed 15 June 2023

service the workers are lazy they are not providing us with any type of drinks I will never fly this airline lazy workers

1  Thank Tourist44483138106
Reviewed 15 June 2023

Where to begin… let’s start with a horrible check in line for Qatar Airways of 45 mins at DPS, then being informed for the first time that there is a 7 KG weight limit (14 pounds) for all carry on luggage… for an international airline that is ludicrous. American Airlines, United, delta, and other international airlines do not have this absurd limit. For a $1,400 ticket from Bali to PHL this is truly not acceptable.

During the flight, I was forced awake by the flight attendant during deep sleep for a meal when other airline attendants would have just let me sleep in peace. I wasn’t able to fall asleep after.

Next, you are forced to wait in a boarding area in Qatar where there are not enough seats for even half the passengers so I was forced to stand for an hour while the boarding was delayed yet Qatar didn’t update the boarding time to later. If you have a medical condition, this can be a challenge. Even for me it was as I had already flown 10 hours and was waiting to fly another 14 hours.

Lastly, being forced to check my luggage at the gate because there was “not enough room and it was a fully booked flight” when it was clear that there was enough room when I was on the flight for another 50 or so if not more carry on suitcases… when you have a medical condition or need special items in a suitcase WITH YOU on board, this is discriminatory and unethical.

Will not fly again. I’m done with qatar airlines. “Best airline” is a very questionable title.

1  Thank Lalita B
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.