“Not bad. Can improve prices, space and catering...”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 15 June 2023

Doha-Hanoi 13 June 2023 on a B787. Flight on time. Smooth cooperation with their partner Rwandair by whom I arrived with in Doha early morning coming from Kigali. Luggage transfer went smooth, arrived quickly in Hanoi. In Doha I had 12 hours layover; I was eventually denied a hotel stay by carrier but had lounge access to their decent Platinum lounge. Onboard, recognised as elite traveller and was well pampered by professional attendants. They secured me 3 seats in a row by applying seat-block for me as elite flier. The plane was not fully occupied as this is a new, additional flight on this route. IFE of high class and movies renewed frequently. Food onboard improving for QR: 3 offerings at dinner, of which I had two dishes of beef, which was excellent. Beers were, as usual for Qatar Airways, of ridiculous poor quality, while wines were fair, including a sparkling Spanish cava. The wineglasses are so shamelessly stingily small that they embarrass and even humiliate the passengers. They hold 5-8 cl only. The only ones I have seen smaller are Air Chinas’ champagne glasses, which holds 2-4 cl in microscopic sized glasses. The wineglasses on my previous flight, Rwandair, are 4 times larger than those of QR. Amenity kit given though rather useless. A hot snack was offered before morning landing in Hanoi. Recommended, can't obviously demand much more for economy class. But the seats in the Dreamliners are provocatively narrow to the seats in front of you. Bring onboard your own drinking glasses, slippers, and headset. Qatar Airways' tickets have become too expensive during Corona; appear to be priceleading; this could be fatal for the airline as groundservices remain subpar

Reviews (35 932)

1 465 - 1 469 of 35 932 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2023

service the workers are lazy they are not providing us with any type of drinks I will never fly this airline lazy workers

1  Thank Tourist44483138106
Reviewed 15 June 2023

Where to begin… let’s start with a horrible check in line for Qatar Airways of 45 mins at DPS, then being informed for the first time that there is a 7 KG weight limit (14 pounds) for all carry on luggage… for an international airline that is ludicrous. American Airlines, United, delta, and other international airlines do not have this absurd limit. For a $1,400 ticket from Bali to PHL this is truly not acceptable.

During the flight, I was forced awake by the flight attendant during deep sleep for a meal when other airline attendants would have just let me sleep in peace. I wasn’t able to fall asleep after.

Next, you are forced to wait in a boarding area in Qatar where there are not enough seats for even half the passengers so I was forced to stand for an hour while the boarding was delayed yet Qatar didn’t update the boarding time to later. If you have a medical condition, this can be a challenge. Even for me it was as I had already flown 10 hours and was waiting to fly another 14 hours.

Lastly, being forced to check my luggage at the gate because there was “not enough room and it was a fully booked flight” when it was clear that there was enough room when I was on the flight for another 50 or so if not more carry on suitcases… when you have a medical condition or need special items in a suitcase WITH YOU on board, this is discriminatory and unethical.

Will not fly again. I’m done with qatar airlines. “Best airline” is a very questionable title.

1  Thank Lalita B
Reviewed 14 June 2023

Although on Business class, the seat experience was worse, even than economy.
Too narrow for an average person and absolutely unacceptable when flat-bed.
You have to squeeze your feet in a small hole in the front seat, unable to move your legs to any direction. If you are looking for an expensive way to find out how it would feel like to be lying in a coffin, this is your best bet.
As this is not enough, onboard wifi was an odyssey to connect to but also was too "cheap" to be asked for 10 USD charge for having unlimited wifi, after paying thousands for this... business class "experience".
Avoid Qatar at all costs!

2  Thank tommE3483TE
Reviewed 14 June 2023

Terrible service, from the call centre to online service and after sales service too. Poorly instructed. call centre staff are not properly trained and have no idea what that they as saying to their customers!!! as a result we follow their instructions and lose money in the process. after 8 months the error has still not been corrected or money refunded!every e-mail is ignored, its not even worth calling their hotline. STAY AWAY!

Date of travel: September 2022
1  Thank Health F
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.