“Outstanding trip to Johannesburg from JFK via Doha”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 11 March 2020

What's the better course of action? To fly coach from NY to Johannesburg directly, and be there in 15 or so hours, or take advantage of an early bird special fare and fly one of the best airlines in the world in their Airbus 350-900 Q Suite? We opted for the latter, and although the trip was long (first leg: about 11 hours, second leg: 9 hours) it was in an incredibly comfortable cabin with excellent service, food, and wines. Our return trip will include a two day stopover in Doha at no extra charge, so we hope to enjoy the flights even more with the break. I highly recommend Qatar Airways, and would go out of my way again to fly them.

1  Thank mvd1953
Reviews (36 025)

4 984 - 4 988 of 36 025 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We got an offer on upgrading the week before leaving and it was the best thing we have done. It was big comfy chairs that could be a bed. The service was fantastic, and the food and drinks also. This was by far the best flight we have had. We think Qatar Airways are the absolute best👍🏻

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We have always flown Emirates previously, but Qatar offered better prices and schedules for this trip. The complete trip was MEL-DOH-CPH outbound, HEL-DOH-MEL inbound. We flew predominantly on the A380 (no Qsuites).
I was very impressed, the seats are good, completely lie flat and the cabin feels quite spacious. Food and wine were impessive. Dine on demand is brilliant, you can choose anything on the menu at any time. Loved the loungewear, I wore it for the entire flight and it was so nice not to spend approx 14 hours in my regular clothes.
On all our flights the cabin crew were outstanding, very friendly and courteous and very helpful. The service on Emirates can be indifferent at times, but on Qatar it was wonderful. All in all I was very happy with Qatar and felt it was money well spent. They will be my long haul airline of choice in future.

Reviewed 11 March 2020

Bad service , Flight attendants with an attitude . They were discourteous , when asked if a food item contains any nuts , the woman flight attendant was so arrogant to tell me that it is her no job to find that . A young girl who was traveling with me had severe allergies to nuts . I have never seen such arrogance in any other airline .

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Qatar airways was a great flight service, everything went great to me. There were ample variation of foods were available. Blankets and other facilities were provided. Highly recommend the flight service

Date of travel: July 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.