“It's a Long Way”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 15 January 2018

There's not much to say about a 24 hour flight: it's a long way however you cut it. My main gripe, and this is with airlines in general, is it takes almost 2 hours into the flight until you get a glass of water! Since you can't take your own bottled water on board these days, I find it ridiculous. Considering how salty the meals are also, dehydration is a real issue on long hauls.

1  Thank MsLiz64
Write a ReviewReviews (13 198)

471 - 475 of 13 198 reviews

Reviewed 15 January 2018

This trip was booked for a much needed holiday for myself and my son. Our flight was cancelled 2 hours after boarding. We waited a further 4 hours to be put up in local hotels and I had to pay the taxi fares as the shuttle bus was full. It was 4am and we were exhausted. We were told that our travel plans would be reorganised the next day. I had to contact the airline only to be told we were being put on a Virgin flight to Perth ( domestic) to meet up with a Qatar plane 25 mins later...I pointed out this was feasibly not possible. We were eventually rebooked on British Airways flight that had only 2 economy seats left neither anywhere close to each other. I had to pay an extra $4500 to get business class seats to enable us to sit together.

Qatar offered us vouchers which were supposedly able to be used to upgrade flights or use for excess baggage etc, however when we tried to upgrade our flights for our return journey this was DENIED at Pisa airport. The vouchers were useless possibly FRAUDULENT.

I TRIED TO TALK WITH QATARS CUSTOMER RELATIONS SERVICE on return and have been offered to have taxi fares refunded only through our local Qatar office...WHICH WE DONT HAVE.

BUYER BEWARE

To make matters worse the on the return trip the plane from Pisa to Doha took off without me in a fastened seatbelt which the crew were aware of. They compromised my safety in a seat that was too narrow for me too sit in and safely fasten my belt.

I am a world traveller with many many trips overseas but I have never been so frightened in my life. This airline do not care about your SAFETY.

When I came home I tried to get documentation about the journey from Qatar. They would not give anything in writing for my travel insurance claim. ACC and Dept Fair trading cannot help as they are not an Australian company.

3  Thank Deb78_11
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Everything about our experience flying with Qatar was superb. The service during the flight was exceptional. The way we were received, welcomed and treated during our layover in Doha- exceptional. The return flight back home- even more exceptional. We got home feeling rested, not an easy feat after a long haul flight. Well done Qatar!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

When the flight is 14 hours long, comfort and service matter more than usual. The new configuration in this B777-300ER provided a very comfortable and highly adjustable seat-bed, a large perfectly responsive touch-screen for the impressive entertainment package, and "cubicles" that gave you full privacy. On top of it all, the crew really made an effort to be of service.

The food was very high quality, and I am following up on a couple of the wines to make sure I can continue to enjoy them.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

A very long flight, 17 hours. One of the worlds longest nonstop flights. Boeing 777 economy gives you a reasonable good comfort. Superb service in cabin, decent food and good supply of any drink throughout the long flight.