“Will sausage be allowed for transit at Doha Airport?”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I joined a tour to Europe and flied back from Vienna via Doha. We arrived Doha Airport for transit after mid night. When going through x-ray check at Terminal B Transit Hall, I was stopped by a staff because I was carrying 5 packs of sausage which I bought at Vienna airport for my brother as gift. The staff took away the sausage without any explanation. I awaited more than 10 minutes for a chance to explain to the superior of the staff and a guy with uniform that I carried the sausage just for transit only but they didn't listen to me. Since the whole tourist group be hold up and I didn’t want them to miss the return flight, I had no choice but to give up to get back the sausage.

I checked the airport website afterward and I couldn't find any prohibition of carrying sausage for transit. I approached Qatar Airways for assistance but eventually in vain.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11 809)

100 - 104 of 11 809 reviews

Reviewed 1 week ago

Very good service on both flights, Col/Doha and Doha/Brussels, Doha to Brussels was with the airbus 350....excellent plane, very convenient and as mentioned a very good service.

Reviewed 1 week ago

A380 business class ,the top...But economic class also confortable And very good service,movies very récent,your langage.Food And beverages very good.Seat confortable,enough space .staff service First quality.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Flight left late from Adelaide due to some issue with one of the passengers. I was concerned that I would miss my connecting flight from Doha to Edinburgh, but thankfully, Hamad airport wasn't too busy and I was able to walk from one gate to the next and board my plane. Entertainment system on one of my flights was too loud, even at minimum volume level, I would have preferred it quieter. The service for food was slow, with only one crew member serving food from the trolley (other airlines have 2). Although I was only 3 rows back from the start of service, they did not have the food preference I wanted. On the return journey there was a 4 hour layover, advice, is not to buy food/drinks at the airport if you can, it is extremely expensive.

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 1 week ago

We found Qatar Business class very comfortable, the staff were very polite and their service was excellent. The food we were served was the best we have ever had on a plane. The Business lounge in Doha is the best in the world (I think). The seats were extremely comfortable and we were able to sit side by side. If you did not know the person beside you there was a privacy screen to use. Also their flight from Doha to Berlin had full reclining business class seats. Often on the routes from the middle east into Europe you don't get the full reclining seat and when you get off a 14 hour flight you want your connecting flight to have seats that you can still have a sleep in.

1  Thank 54traveller