“Never again if I can help it!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked directly with Qatar online about 5 months in advance. The procedure was smooth and hassle free.

Then.....the Qatar/UAE dispute developed. Flight times were changed left and right but Qatar Airways remained silent without any notifications WHATSOEVER!

At the time of booking we booked the only flights that came up as available to our destination which resulted in a 9½ hr layover. I wrote to every Qatar contact I could find including Facebook in an effort to find out what they had available to make the layover more comfortable for us. None of my messages where even acknowledged! I approached them 14 different times (yes, I am patient and persistent) but received nothing from them except computer generated responses advising that the communication had been received.

As for the flights (4 total) themselves; they were average, very average. Don’t be fooled by the wonderful reviews etc as they apply to Business Class and up – in economy you are considered a non-entity taking up space in the cattle truck! I elaborate – by row six the pasta dishes weren’t available and this happened on every flight. The scrambled eggs for breakfast were also depleted soon after serving started and your only alternative was Chilli Chicken!!!! – for breakfast??? On board entertainment was, to say the least – PATHETIC.

AT DOHA - ORYX LOUNGE: Yes, we paid around $50 each to hopefully enjoy a little comfort during our long 9½hr layover between the long hours of midnight to 09.00. Another really bad experience:- Noisy undisciplined children running around chasing one another and screaming on top of their voices. The recliner lounge was fully occupied for the entire duration of our stay. Don’t even think of trying to put your feet up on a different chair to the one your bum occupies – they pounce on you as if you are committing a criminal act!

FOOD: The food was okay but I fail to understand why ‘feet up on a chair ‘is treated with such horror whilst people are allowed to help themselves before leaving the lounge for their flights to handfuls of dates and nuts and such with their bare hands grovelling around in the bowl....yuck!
The most pleasant experience at this venue for both of us was the shower. After a 10hr flight, a 9½hr layover and another 5hrs ahead the fact that we could freshen up was worth a fraction of the $50 spent.

I reiterate – never again – other airlines to that part of the world treat you much better so for us its Emirates from now on.

2  Thank gulliversmate
Reviews (10 670)

149 - 153 of 10 670 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I last flew QA in 2011/12 and was always very pleased with the standard of the cabin and catering, but not so on this trip. The legroom seems far less and the seats smaller and harder (and I've lost a considerable amount of weight since 2012, in case that's what you're thinking!) to the extent that when the man in front of me decided to recline his seat as soon as I was served with my dinner, there simply wasn't room to eat comfortably. The food simply wasn't appetising and the afternoon tea, unlike a recent trip on Emirates, was a reheated pie in a box more like a Macdonalds hot apple pie than what I would expect from a national airline. Not a great experience, though the crew were very pleasant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the last of our 4 lights with QATAR for our Europe adventure, back to the A777-300 jet (3-4-3). more legroom than the A320, menu range was good, again we were seated together for the 4 time in 4 flights which was really appreciated with teenage kids.

This was a night flight and the inside cabin was quire dark.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this is about a 4hour and 30 minute flight, they drop down to a A320 jet (3 x 3 seating) quite a lot less legroom compared to 777-300 or A380, so not ideal but shorter flight.

Check in was all good, The A320 had in screen TV which we did not expect on a smaller jet, food was fine.

I would prefer a bigger jet as QATAR is big airline and 90% of the people on flight were next to board a plane to Perth so that is 16 hours of flight time, you really notice the less leg room on the A320.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

after 11 flight from Perth to Doha, it was 6 hours from Doha to France in a A380.

Lovely jet, we were in row 9 so up near the front for economy, a very quiet jet, food and service were excellent, check in all good. The airport at Doha is sensational, best one we have ever been to, for a middle eastern country it is very easy to navigate around and plenty of English signs.

They kept is seated together as a family which was much appreciated.