“Avoid Qatar Airways with horrible inflight service and terrible seating”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew Qatar air from Perth to Athens via Doha, and then returned from Madrid which was our worst flying experience. The seats in Economy are very cramped. The inflight service is very poor. The food choices ran out we were stuck with bland Veg food. The seating is cramped. The airline staff put us in different seats even though we were a family traveling together. They cramped up all the passengers in the back rows of the plane offering selected passengers with empty seats at the front to enable them sleep. Very inconsiderate ground and booking staff. The inflight entertainment service was terrible with outdated movies and headsets not working. I had to request for new headsets on every sector. The aircon wasnt cooling the plane. It was hot and uncomfortably stuffy. Qatar air serves the smallest dinner portion I have ever seen. The flight staff then come around at 2 am in the morning when the lights are off and passengers are asleep offering sandwiches. A smart cost cutting move to serve when passengers are asleep. I will never recommend Qatar to anyone especially to families with children. They ignored my daughter while offering other Arab and European children toys and gifts. What pathetic service. You are better off flying Singapore or Emirates for the same price. Qatar needs training in customer service and making passengers feel welcome on board.

1  Thank royann2017
Reviews (10 682)

175 - 179 of 10 682 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best experience with Qatar Airways. Comfortable seats, great amenity kit, personalized service on the ground and in the air. Very comfortable travelling with kids.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travelled with wife and 2 kids and had a wonderful experience. The food was good, service was great and staff very attentive to our requests and needs. The airport was very clean and staff were great. Overall great experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

During the flight QR 730 dated 13th Oct 2017 from DFW to DOH, I was served Non-Veg meal instead of booking Veg Meal. I could realize that wrong food has been served to me only after taking couple of bites. There was not even a single apology from the staff on this mishap. I felt so bad that I did not took replacement Veg meal offered by the staff and remained without meal during that flight.

The staff needs to be sensitive about customer food preferences, and should not feel shame to apologize when they make such mistakes. This was a sad incident which just spoiled the flying experience with Qatar.

1  Thank Krishna1976
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was supposed to take the cancelled flight QR1368 (Saturday 16 Septemer 2017, 8pm15) My booking reference was LZOYPL(Joburg=>Tunis).

That day I lost the count of how many sorry I heard but those apologies did not fix anything, I never made it at time and the trip was very very tiring.

This here a brief of my little story:

-First of all what made all the mentioned above harder for me is that I do have health issue (Patellofemoral pain syndrome in both knees) and all what happened, in addition of the queues triggered the pain. It was so painful.

-I was supposed to leave Johannesburg at 8pm15 and arrive to Tunisia Sanday 12pm30 but only arrived Monday 9am30. I told Qatar Airways' staff after the first hour of delay that I really have to be at work Monday 8am30 (I had to prepare my papers and go to the South African embassy before 11am30, they don't accept visa request after that hour and all Tuesday)
=> 1day delay for the flight and 2 days delay for my work visa request.

-Qatar airways DID KNOW that there was a problem hours before the flight's departure time since the previous flight from Durban was ALREADY CANCELLED but kept silent for hours because they did not want to cancel the rest of the flight which is very confusing!
Actually, I found the cancellation of the same flight from Durban to Johannesburg BY MYSELF in their website.
Nothing was written in the TV too in front of our gate number at the beginning. And after changing the gate we had "indef delay" written.

-After around 3 hours (10pm15),One of Qatar Airways' staff told us when giving us water that the flight was cancelled just to be officially told later that there was a TECHNICAL ISSUE and asked us to wait for 10 minutes...that turned to be an hour. Then we were told that a Boeing expert came to resolve the problem and wait again.
Qatar Airays, please consider this very important advice:
Never ever tell people that you have TECHNICAL ISSUES. It will only make thing worse for them. I really felt stressed and then scared so did many other. They would tell me: Even if fixed we don't want to take this flight or they've been fixing it for hours, this problem must be huge etc etc
All this knowing that some people complained that the same thing happened to their previous flights. Isn't stressful?
PS: They really were trying to solve it for hours since before Durban.

They also asked us after to choose between going to the hotel or to wait. When I asked him how much are we going to wait he said 10mn... again...
Anyway the flight was officially cancelled a little before 00am30.

-We were told to be given food after 3hours delay but we were just given a small bottle of water(10pm15) and a Muffin (around 00am45) When the customers asked for dinner they were told to wait and order at the hotel. When I did it, I was told to pay myself. Please, I know what happened was hard for the staff too but just don't give us empty promises, it just makes things especially for tired and stressed people. At least, the following day, we were given breakfast and lunch as part of the hotel booking.

-The following day, I was booked in another flight with another company (Turkish Airline) and could not check online and even in the airport I was asked to wait because I was not loaded in their system yet. I guess this is normal but for a second when the man told me I'm not loaded yet, I was afraid.

-When we were asked to follow one of the staff to go to hotel, we were NOT been waited for!!! They quickly left the place and did not make sure everyone is with them. So I had to follow one of the passengers who thankfully knew the airport until we found the rest of the group. If I were by myself I might have get lost inside the airport.

Best regards.